Whats the difference between supercap and supercap Dr

Never heard of a 363 straight away!

Right now I have:

CDX2>282>HCDR>3 x 250.2>Tri-amped Briks

But if I understand you correctly, are you saying:

Keep the 2015 HCDR on the 282, then purchase an 2014 SCDR for future Snaxo 362 with $$ burndy!

And yes, my funds are low!

Hence, I was thinking sell my 2015 HCDR for an 2014 SCDR!

Enjoy the marginal benefits, then in the future make the giant step:

Non-DR SC on the Brand New Snaxo 362!
I hope someone on the Forum lends me their burndy LOL☺

Please advice if my reasoning is flawed.

Thanks In Advance!

The other option would be HCDR + Snaxo. That would get you active and still make a bigger improvement than going from HCDR to SCDR on the 282. And you wouldn’t need a Burndy.

Thanks, I take it my reasoning isn’t flawed.

This time! LOL☺

You have a beautiful system.

Enjoy Your Music, The Why!

PS. From what I read on the forum, the SC2 on da Snaxo 362 with burndy is the only way to go!

Well the SCDR is better of course, but I ran the old snaxo with an olive hicap very happily many years ago. And I’m sure 3x Nap 300’s is also the only way to go but we all have to admit budgetary defeat at some point.

I’d be getting a CDS3 and XPS DR or 555DR before going active. I’m not convinced a bare CDX2 is up to it. I’ve always followed the concept of getting as good a passive system as you can before going active.

2 Likes

The difference is about £2000.

For me in the U.S. I call it a difference of $3195. That’s what AVOptions charges for a XPS2 service and upgrade to DR.

Hi marksnaim - I’ve been considering a non-DR Supercap to add to my 282 and maybe a SNAXO to replace by chrome bumper NAXO for my SBLs. Using single olive Hicap on 282, the other Hicap on teh NAXO (I have another Hicap lurking somewhere but likely in need of a service).

Extrapolating from above, would you suggest a non-DR supercap would work better on a NAXO than on the 282, or would one really need a later SNAXO to with Burndy connection to get the full benefit? Presumbly the Burndy is a separate purchase and does not come as standard? How would a Supercap fare with the older SNAXO using a SNAIC?

Appreciate you may not have treied these combos but thanks for any hints/tips.

Hi @Alley_Cat, A supercap will always bring something to the show vs a Hicap but I’d guess SC/282 & Naxo/HC Would be the best bet initially. Of course if you get a SC you can experiment with the combinations. It’s been many years since I had a Naxo so couldn’t reliably comment on the difference to the Snaxo but common wisdom is that the Snaxo is quite an improvement. If you do go that route eventually then, as you say, the Burndy is an additional expense. IIRC the Snaxo is the item that makes the most use of all the Supercap power rails so at that point I went SC/Snaxo & 282/HC until I got hold of another SC. I found that superior to SC/282 & Hc/Snaxo. Hope that helps. Happy experimenting.

3 Likes

Very helpful thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.