Where in the Naim hierarchy is the wine you’re drinking this New Year’s Eve?

Depends on how I’ve judged this and I may be way off the mark, but assuming the scale is more logarithmic than linear I’ve pitched my 2010 Vina Ardanza Rioja at the Nova level. On New Year’s Eve 2020, where on the Naim scale would you describe the wine you are drinking this evening?
Happy New Year to all, wherever you may be.:wine_glass:

2 Likes

I’m drinking a 500 series

:joy::partying_face:

2 Likes

2008 Mastrojanni Brunello - Very good 2nd rank maker of Brunello from a very good but not great vintage. Classic level, 202/200 or 282/HiCap/250. Actually it’s lovely, maybe even a 300 amp.

3 Likes

don’t make me take a picture. :sweat_smile::wink:

Do, do…

1 Like

Inexpensive but top quality so CB Nait obviously.

2 Likes

My wife put the bottle on the trash…
( sorry)
so here’s the idea…

Alentejano/ Portugal
15,5 % vol. álcool

1 Like

Not a wine I know, but looks tempting. Enjoy, Happy New Year.

1 Like

Oh … but it is: 50€ bottle of red wine

1 Like

One of the best Rioja’s around. A 90+ pointer from a few renowned critics. I have a few in the cellar. A good way to see in the new year!

2 Likes

Active statement level.

8 Likes

Surely that’s more Klimax level, it’s not been anywhere near Salisbury.

2 Likes

Hahaha…
Is @TOBYJUG using Linn?

Although made in South England it was once reputed to be a drink of choice of alcoholics in Scotland.

2 Likes

Salisbury isn’t that far from buckfast abbey. Devon.

2 Likes

A question of geography and not system. :sweat_smile:

A Naim Speaker Plug!

aka Tesco’s Wairau Cove Sauvignon Blanc

come to think of it, make that two speaker plugs and a bit of NACA5

:grin:

just waiting to see what Jools is going to serve up this evening, wife gone to bed, Zebedee has rocked up and is demanding chin scratches and tummy rubs.

5 Likes

A nice wild-fermented Stellenbosch region Chenic Blanc from Delheim - just under £15, lovely actually.

Cost? A short length of unterminated NAC-A5.

Forgot to chill the Bollinger Grande Année. Cheap £9.99 Prosecco chilling outside.

Nice Puligny-Montrachet or Auxsey Drusses cooling in the car boot currently may take the place of the Bollinger! (Local ‘offie’ shut for a week after tonight so thought I’d indulge.)

Beef and pork belly nibbles later to contend with.

2 Likes

You’ll know you’ve arrived when you spot the blue cat.

Buxton?

1 Like