Where to put NAPSC

My new 282 is arriving tomorrow which replaces SN2. I’ve ordered a new tier for my rack but was wondering where I should place the NAPSC meantime? Is it ok to sit this on top of the NDX2 for a few weeks?

on the floor under the rack if it fits or behind it - as far away from the 282 as you can reasonably get it anyway…

4 Likes

Treat it as you would any other Naim power supply. Keep it away from the preamp as suggested above. It’ll be fine on the floor next to the rack for now until you get another shelf.

1 Like

If forget the extra shelf, as will make the rack look more ungainly. Put the Napsc on the floor under the sofa, where it will be quite happy. Put a small piece of wood or a paperback beneath.

I’d also rearrange the rack to get the 282 on top, then the NDX2, then the Hicap, then the two big boxes below. The Core can be put in another room with the router, so everything matches nicely.

4 Likes

In the words of my dealer “a noisy little sod” so tucked away where it can’t wreak havoc”

1 Like

This noisy little thing is said to be a complete myth. It’s something I’d always thought too, but apparently it’s wrong.

2 Likes

My NAPSC lived under the rack where it couldn’t be seen. I tried it closer to the other boxes, and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever to the sound. The exception to this was when I put it directly on top of the 282 out of curiosity. That wasn’t good at all.

2 Likes

Assuming the space below the bottom shelf isn’t high enough I’d rearrrange the stack as per HH above but sit the NAPSC next to the Hicap, with the Core elsewhere…

1 Like

I’ve got two NAPSCs under my rack on the carpet.

I put some stick on spikes on them to give a bit of air space above the carpet.

2 Likes

The space under the Simrak works perfectly for this :grinning:

2 Likes

Mine hides away, on its side. I actually forget i have it. Fed with a hydra along with its naim power supply friends. Btw, the hydra is a great lowish cost option that sorted a few issues for me. Well done Grahams!

5 Likes

For information, my rack is also a SimRack.

That’s why I mentioned it :grinning:

1 Like

2 Likes

as other members have already mentioned mine was on the floor as far away from sources as possible

1 Like

Thanks for the replies everyone - I’ve stuck it under the sofa and cancelled the additional tier (£200 saved :+1:). Just hooked up the 282 - it’s quite full on compared to the SN2. It’s brand new so hoping that it will calm down a bit!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.