Where would I find Tidal on my Superuniti?

I have a SU which is the later Bluetooth version, and having not used it for several months I now can’t find Tidal anywhere.
The app version I’m using is: 5.14.2 and the SU is on firmware 4.6.00

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks :slight_smile:

If it went to 4.6 without going through 4.4 first then you will find that Tidal and Spotify are missing. This was a problem with the 4.6 firmware upgrade. The easy thing to do to sort the problem out is to upgrade the firmware to 4.7, which has the Tidal library in it.

Or of course you might have the Tidal input turned off and you go to setup in the app and then choose input settings and turn it on again from there.

Best

David

David you’re a star!
I had totally forgotten that I did indeed have the Tidal input turned off…
It was only a few months ago that I began my Tidal subscription in the UK and I’ve just arrived in Sydney Australia and couldn’t understand why I couldn’t find Tidal.
All now sorted & I only feel slightly stupid…
Thank you very much for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very good!

You should probably do the 4.7 firmware upgrade sometime anyway. It has a Tidal fix in it if I remember correctly, also a BBC World Service fix too.

Best

David

I seem to recall having a lot of difficulty applying the 4.6 upgrade, although I believe that turned out to be more the fact that I was using an incorrect data lead.
I’ll try the 4.7 later thank you

The lead you use has to be one wired for data and not just for battery charging. Often mobile phones and early digital cameras come with a lead that looks suitable for the job but doesn’t have the data connections, so it won’t work for firmware updates. There isn’t any obvious way to tell from the outside!

I have several that don’t work and one that does, so I have specially labelled it to be obvious next time I need to do an update…

Best

David

I am pretty sure I left the correct cable plugged into the SU the last time I did an update…

Very sensible! Other things to remember is that the SU and the PC need to have an Internet connection on the same network, the update for SU comes in several chunks so just be patient to let it all finish and for the SU to have restarted itself at the end.

If you get an error 61 BridgeCo Init fail during the final restart, just turn the SU off for a few seconds and restart it. It should be ok now. (This has happened to me twice in about 30 firmware updates across the old unitis and I have heard of other members getting it with a NDX. if it happens during a firmware update it almost certainly doesn’t mean a hardware fault, which is what some Naim dealers think.)

Best

David

Thanks again David. I downloaded the updater and installed the driver, all by following the much improved Naim instructions which made the process really quite clear.
My old, fully wired cable was indeed still connected at the rear of the SU and I had no issues doing the update.
All running fine now, just listening to some Manfred Mann’s Earthband via Tidal :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.