Which CD player or transport would you add…

When we were racking up we tried our old Micromega Stage transport into nDAC. It sounded fabulous, which makes us think any reasonable quality transport into an nDAC would sound excellent.

2 Likes

I would say you could be quite correct there Iain👍

I must admit Nick, what I’ve read of the 9000 so far has nosed it ahead in the running for my CDT in the future.
First things first though. Need to get the NSC or ND5 in place and that choice/order is yet to be committed…:thinking:

It was this post I think?

Useful to know, but as NeilS says, that’s as of now…

I hopefully have the 6000 DCT arriving today to go into my n-dac. Will report back once it has settled

1 Like

For similar money and if you are wary of slot loading mechs, I can recommend the Cambridge CXC.

Plenty of food for thought there folks, really appreciate your input, thanks

1 Like

Yep that’s it thanks

1 Like

I also have a CD5 XS which is connected to a Supernait 3 via an NDAC. Sounds great.

I am also a fan of Audiolab and my bedroom system is based on that. I currently have an ex-demo Audiolab 8300 CDQ on the way from eBay, which should arrive any day now. This will be my first Audiolab CD player.

However, depending on your disc preferences, I would strongly recommend getting one of the Oppo Blu-Ray players that can play not just Blu-Ray, but SACD and DVD Audio as well as CD of course. Sadly they are not made any more, but come up fairly regularly at half decent prices on eBay. Although DVD Audio is dead, as far as I can tell, Blu-Ray and SACD is alive and well, particularly in the field of classical music.

I have an Oppo BDP83SE and a BDP95. You want to go for the likes of the BDP95 or 105, over the 93 or 103, as these had better DACS and analogue output stages. Similarly with the last players they produced: the UDP203 and 205, although evidently the sound difference between these is not as great as with the aforementioned players. However, the 205 is very expensive.

Can’t believe the Roksan Attessa has so few fans. I have used one since the summer deciding to buy it as it has a drawer rather than a slot mechanism .

Although I got another CDS2 with XPS2, I was going to buy a Cyrus CDT used. They are meant to be superb. A new forum owners have the Cyrus CD players.

The Audiolab 9000 cdt looks very good and is apparently alot better made than the 6000.

In terms of looks the CDS2 looks superb with the 82 and sounds sublime.

2 Likes

But I put in a really low offer on the CDS2 with Olive XPS and was accepted. For some reason they sent me a classic XPS2. Even better I thought! I really didn’t mind as I have all mixed boxes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.