Which ECM titles?

I have the Selected Signs box set, which I recommend.

2 Likes

Wassat?

https://www.ecmrecords.com/catalogue/143038752983/selected-signs-iii-viii-various-artists

1 Like

I also love anything with Anja Lechner the wonderful cellist. Try Die Nacht or Nuit Blanche where she is part of the Tarkovsky Quartet. I believe she is Eichner’s life partner.

Yes, she is. Both Manfred’s partner and a great cellist.

A recently acquired disc and new favourite of mine:

It contains some of the same music that Stravinsky used for his ballet Pulcinella. Anja Lechner is, as always excellent.

Roger

2 Likes

A couple or artists/albums that I played today that I had not listed previously. Well worth your time to give a listen.

Michele Rabbia - ‘Lost River’ - a wonderful trio and enjoy the combination of Trombone, Guitar and Drums with a mix of Electronics and Sounds. A little something different but the music draws me in and enjoy it quite a bit. The opening description of the album from the ECM website says it all, " Lost River is an evocative post-ambient, richly textured sonic event, and one of the outstanding beyond-category recordings of recent ECM history.’

Ketil Björnstad - 'The Passion of John Donne - One beautiful album with a trio of pianist, a Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Voicalist and Percussionist along with the Oslo Chamber Choir. One beautiful album.

3 Likes

A couple I played recently:

Stefano Bollani - Joy in Spite of Everything

Chic Corea - Return to Forever

3 Likes

About to give this a spin…one of my face ECM’S

6 Likes

Er, *fave

currently playing: (not strictly ECM, as originally on the JAPO label (1976) but re-issued on ECM 2010)
Enrico Rava - Quotation Marks

1 Like

Every once in a while I have to play this ECM album to realise how bad it is. Oh Manfred what were you thinking of.

The band members a supergroup of sorts are just so bland it is beyond belief.

If anyone other than me and Manfred or the other guy on the forum who said he owns all the ECM releases has this - give it a spin and tell what I’m missing please.

1 Like

another ECM in the lineup:
Miroslav Vitouš - Universal Syncopations

3 Likes

Paul Bley ‘not one, not two’

Just got hold of Quercus’ offerings. Impressive.

4 Likes

One of my favorites too. Great album!

Cued up: Gary Burton & Chick Corea - In Concert Zurich Oct 28, 1979. The full concert from the ECM box, ‘Crystal Silence The ECM Recordings 1972-1979’

3 Likes

I like this recording too. I have an original German-pressing on vinyl. It sounds excellent.

Probably not my first choice in terms of interpretation.

But, by far, one of the best sounding recordings.

A great addition to my Bach’s Sonatas and Partitas collection.

1 Like

Arvo Part

5 Likes