Which hat phantom and Vertere Pulse mini speakers cables

I am interested to know if some are using one of these two speakers cables with a Naim amplifier.
Are they much better vs NACA 5, can they do justice in a 500 series system?

Bonsoir FR

I am using WH Phantom, but not with a 500, I previously used WH N2 because it was more flexible than NACA 5, but several posters on another well known audio site and WHs own blog stated their preference to the Phantom over the n2 and some other cables. Our son now uses the N2 cable which sounds very good with his 62/HC/140CB system.

So in my system, yes it did make an improvement over the N2 cable, I suspect the higher up you go then more noticeable that improvement may be.
WH Phantom is quite well priced for what it offers, so would make a good choice for bi/tri ampers.

3 Likes

Thanks, I will check also on the WH blog you referred. Does it sound soft, nice , with a rich midrange ?

I realized that a thread on Which Hat Phantom exists already. A lot seem to appreciate these cables and often say that they improve clearly over Naca 5.
I didn’t found users of Vertere .

@Gazza, you have the Kudos or the Which hat?
How can you describe the characteristics of the Which hat , if you have them. Are they tonally nice, soft. Are they quick and involving ? Without any brightness ?

1 Like

Hmm,
Im not one for such terms in defining musicality, to me it sounded better in a way that similar to adding a HiCap does, in my words, simply more of what I like!

Edit: I think they offer a 30 day return if you really don’t get on with them.

Hi FR…never tried witch hat speaker cables. After a very long search for an upgrade over standard Naim, i borrowed a full loom of SL. I almost convinced myself that i liked it until after a couple of weeks i reverted to standard Naim cables including naca5. In reality in my fairly heavily damped room, wallpaper, carpets, curtains…i could not hear much if any difference.
I was somewhat down cast at this and when returning the SL to my dealer he suggested the Kudos, i almost did not bother. Well i glad i did i got the musicality of the Naim sound with a nice level of extra detail. Exactly what i was hoping for from SL. I then followed up by changing to witch hat Morgana dud to din source and din to xlr…very happy.

4 Likes

I did not like the WH Phantom, wasted a 24/7 breakin to reach the same conclusion as day 1.

The Vertere is interesting I have wanted to try their interconnects, speaker cable also as I believe Naim repurposed a Vertere cable for the Super Lumina.

2 Likes

Need to have a listen to the Kudos.

1 Like

Worth a listen, though based on testing versus SL perhaps in a different room they could be “bright” for some. But in my case a veritable bargain, i had almost given up hope tried AQ, TQ and SL.

2 Likes

Thanks @Gazza I will try them, think this will be my last attempt to move away from the NACA5.

2 Likes

I to have tried WH Phantom but didnt think sonically they were a huge improvement over the NACA5. Flexible yes, but sonically better but not much.
I also tried the Kudos speaker cable on a CDS3/555DR/552DR/300DR system in a heavily furnished and carpeted room and they were wonderful. Tight detailed bass, lovely midrange and a sweet detailed treble. I was hearing detail missing on the other, so am very very pleased with them.

2 Likes

Thanks excellent feedback.

Kudos here. Probably the same ‘dealer’:wink: as Gazza.
Came as loaners and stayed.
N

4 Likes

Almost certainly Nick

1 Like

After some research, I discovered that some Apertura speakers owners are very satisfied with the Audience cables.
Expensive but still in my max budget possibility.
@opus you have them and said you are very satisfied.
Can you tell me if the specs are good for a Naim amp, because you have apparently the Minimax integrated ?

Hi Rooster. I do use Audience AU24-SX . I used it on Naim SN2 without any problem. Still use it with my Aestheix Mimas amp. It’s a wonderful cable.

1 Like

Very thanks. I think I will go for them. Originally wanted Kharma, but prices increased a lot. 7k for 2X6m is too much.
Audience will be 4k , not cheap. But a lot of very good reviews and 2 dealers recommend them strongly with Apertura speakers.
My cables are already better vs Naca 5 I had . So Which hat will probably not be a big step, just different. My feeling.

WH Phantom sounded worse than my old Chord cables with my Arivas.

I’ve heard both Kudos and Phantom on my system and preferred the Phantom but would say both were a definite improvement on the NACA5.
Better range, clarity and detail whilst retaining the Naim sound.

3 Likes

Give them sometime to settle in. I think you’ll every surprised how easy they are to listen through. Also although they are thin and flexible don’t bend them too tight. You’ll understand when you get them.

Oh and if your Apertura are Bi-Wire you might want to get the Audience Jumpers…

1 Like