Which IC Cable to Update?

It’s a funny thing that when you own something great you want to try something else. Similarly I entertained the idea of getting the M30.2 to complement the SHL5+ several times throughout the years but that didn’t happen. I did end up with another speaker though but still have the Harbeth SHL5+ with me. I believe all Harbeth models are great but in my opinion and experience they need high level Naim amps to shine, minimum 282/250DR ideally higher.

Back to cables. I did dream of owning Chord Sarum T, Music is out of my league though and an overkill for my system. I’m not sure about others but I have reached a level where I am completely satisfied with the sound from the system. I recently got a Luxman integrated, and although there are better gear out there I don’t look anymore as the focus is on music and not the gear. At this point, the focus is solely on cables to bring the best out of the system. For the past few months I’ve been upgrading the interconnects and USB cables, and a better power cable will come very soon(looking to spend more than £800 for my first premium power cord). Although the level of cables in my system is no where near the Chord Music, they are rather good cables. Apart from Chord Signature TA interconnects, the speaker cables are Chord Signature XL.

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with the Chord Music as the reviews are all positive so far. The only thing I don’t like about the Music is the price. :grin: do keep us posted.

Actually I’m not too far off. I’ve really overspent on cables but glad to know I’m not alone in this.

I added a Chord Sarum T RCA/RCA to replace a Nordost Heimdall RCA/RCA from the ND555 to a Violectric 281 headphone amp. My dealer just got it as a trade-in so I hopped on it. I wanted to improve my headphone listening and this is what I had in mind.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.