Which Naim vintage CD player

Yep - I had the CDS3 before the CD555

I admit I’ve been a complete fool :weary::weary:

1 Like

Having had the CD5Si and a CDS2 then a CDS3 and now a CDs2 again…
I would get yourself a CDS2 with XPS. An amazing CD player in Olive style with a sound like an LP12. Reasonably priced and still serviceable I believe.

My recent purchase of CDS2 and XPS2 was around £1800. For the money well worth it.

Other than that CD555 with 555PS or CDS3 with XPS2 are possibilities.

Rega do a top of the range CD player called the Isis which is meant to be excellent.

If you want all Naim get a Naim CD player. Yes the mechs may not last forever and there is a risk of it being a doorstop.
Personally, I think they is always someone out there who can fix them.

I have been lucky to own all the CD players from the original CDS up to the 555 now with two DR power supplies. It wasn

Wasn’t a cheap progression but made made more affordable by the dealer P/E options. Each one just got more refined but with the Naim plus points. Pleased they dumped the rubber underside clamping.
555 if you can find one.

I am still using my CD3. I mostly play vinyl but occasionally I stick on a CD and it’s most enjoyable.

1 Like

I have had a CDS and still have a CDS 3 in my second system, but when I moved up to the CD555 w/ 2 555DR PS the improvement was monumental! Also, I believe the CD555 can still be serviced by Naim if/when the transport goes. The older CDS, CDS 2 and CDS 3 can no longer be fixed if they need a new transport.

There’s something in the presentation of my CD3.5 that I just love, and with a HiCap (equivalent) power supply it’s a serious rival to my CDX2. Not looking forward to the day either expire.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.