Which set of electronics?

That would be one a very good option(s), then the world would be pretty much one’s oyster…

2 Likes

Another solution for a first class amplication are either 135/52 (second hand if you can find them) or Rega Aethos (which got me away from 282/250 level.)
Both options considerable cheaper than new 282/SC/250DR.

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for the pertinent post. I am on the cusp of totally abandoning the project with Naim for among other reasons, the opinion on this forum that the 282 with HCDR would be much too forward and bright, which is precisely what I seek to avoid with the Focal Sopra 1 speakers. Your post seems to indicate that this is not the case with your friend’s speakers. As I am unable to demo the combination, it looks like a conundrum with no clear solution. Thanks again for your reply. Brgds.

I don’t find my friends system the least bit bright, nor did I find my 282 with Kef R3 speakers bright, but it’s in the ear of the beholder I think. I’m used to more modern speakers and find a lot of the speakers that get raved about on this forum and others, somewhat boring…but like I say, each to their own.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.