Which source you use the most poll

• Vinyl?
  • Streaming/downloads?
  • Other?

0 voters

1 Like

Streaming first and vinyl second for me. Listening is either for pleasure or as a study tool when I am studying other drummer’s techniques, particularly jazz. Streaming is so darn convenient and the quality has improved so much. I subscribe to Tidal in the absence of Qubos here in Canada.

3 Likes

Vinyl.

1 Like

The really interesting result for me in this poll would have been the distinction between Streaming and Downloads.

For me they are two totally different sources. I have the Sublime Qobuz subscription but I have never streamed music. My source is purely downloads. Bit old school I still like to ‘own’ the product.

10 Likes

I have answered streaming because of internet radio, I. noticeCD wasn’t offered.

4 Likes

I agree, poor choice of questions.

My main source is a ND5-XS, but via uPnP to ripped CD’s not streaming
This is purely convenience, vinyl is a close second when I have time for dedicated listening

2 Likes

This is a pretty short list and omits many sources. Listening to the radio of the internet is different to streaming. Ripping your own CDs and storing is different to streaming and as said before, playing CDs is omitted. Then there is FM radio and no doubt other sources.

4 Likes

Records first and foremost
CD

Internet Radio on Muso QB2

‘Streaming’ on my phone for incidentals (shorts/tryouts)

3 Likes

Apologies to those who feel left out but I cannot edit the poll now. Your comments are still very much appreciated.

2 Likes

NAT02 more or less permanently tuned to Radio 3. Use it during the day whilst I’m working at my desk. Occasionally treat colleagues on Teams meeting to a quick blast at the start of a call. Hopefully as the building work completes and I get my “office” cleared of kitchen worktops etc. I’ll get back to some beer infused vinyl listening of an evening.

Willy.

1 Like

CD not an option?

3 Likes

Other?

Relegated to 8 track status.

2 Likes

Saw a headline in some internet thing, advising about managing the ‘inevitable’ CD revival.

1 Like

I don’t Stream, but I thought streaming and downloads were two different things?

They are correlated both using digital data.

Streaming. Since embracing high quality kit (settled on Auralic) the sound quality across all internet sources has been outstanding, plus of course I have my previously ripped cd’s as a source.

1 Like

It’s probably worth making another one with all the options mentioned, Tony?

1 Like

In order:

Internet radio via Muso Qb - daily
CD’s - daily
Records - daily
Streaming, Qobuz via iDevices - sometimes, to check out recommendations
Cassettes - occasionally
Streaming rips from NAS drive - almost never

1 Like

It wouldn’t be fair on people who’ve already commented or voted. Next time I’ll try and satisfy everyone by including R2R, 8-track, gramophone, DAT or even ΧΟΔΕ (or Code).:sunglasses:

3 Likes