Which Spendor for my 282/250/HC

I’m happy with my A7s despite them being slightly too large for my small listening room. They replaced Credos that I had for 15 years and had all the good characteristics of the Credos so made it a no brainer for me.

They don’t work with Naim. End.

What does not work with Naim? Spendor?

Love the D7.2’s very detailed.

3 Likes

The only caveat is the tweeter takes months to break-in. I had buyers remorse until the 3rd or 4th month. Only reason I kept them is I had a broken in pair for a week as a home demo so I knew what they were capable of.

3 Likes

Agree 100%! That and the Qutest made it all come together.

I have a 250/282 combo with A7’s and think they’re a really good match. I can only imagine D7’s to be better but the A7 is great in my small lounge as a compact floorstander

1 Like

The A7 would be for my bedroom of 14 m2. Apparently perfect. Supernait 2 or Sudgen or Exposure pre - Rotel pw would fire them up.

Not certain what has been decided here, but I have the Spendor D7s paired with a 252/250-DR/SuperCap/NDX2/XPS-DR/nDAC and for me it could be my endgame setup. I had the D7s originally paired with a SN2 rather than the separates, and though good-bordering-excellent, I always felt the SN2 was holding them back. Now they are just mesmerizing how coherent, detailed and fun they truly are. The D-series is a very special speaker. World-class. I agree that they did take me about a month-plus running Internet radio through them to tame them; you can read about it fora-wide. I was okay with this, as most reported that it is worth the wait so I did and do not regret it in the least.

I’ve owned Harbeth, ProAc, etc.—many of the usual revered British speakers, but never a pair of Spendors because of their ‘signature’ sound. The D-series are nothing at all like the rest of the lineup. The bass is just out of this world. I marvel at how controlled and articulate it is coming from such a small footprint/box. I cannot recommend the D7s highly enough. I bought mine before the 7.2s were available to me, so I imagine there would be some improvement there.

Anyway, good luck with whichever you choose, but I thought I would add my experience here to muck your decision a bit and to give you something to think about in opposition of the D7 detractors here (bright tweeters, etc., which really is an oversimplification and generalization I simply could never understand in its perpetuation). I get it nevertheless. Everyone’s tastes and electronics pairing are different, which is why auditioning is so important as has been said here.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.