Which streamer?

IFi if you use roon is a great streamer.

1 Like

yes, and you can boost its SQ significantly with HQPlayer.

Hmmm, I’m trying to decide if ND5XS2 is going to be “good enough”. I have heard it, I liked it very much. My budge for amps/streamer/front end is about 14k max (US). I have a 250DR, I need streamer to go with it, I’m not likely to go vinyl ever, I was thinking about 272 t use as a PRE, but I don’t want redundancies in the system. I liked the Nova, I have an Atom. Was thinking Atom HE as PRE/Streamer as well for the DR. (I can swap HE for regular atom with my dealer- My speakers will be tune tots, they pass the wife test and sound magnificent with the NOVA. NDX5XS2 plus Supernait 3 a good combo? or do I go all the way for Supernait 3 plus NDX2?

1 Like

In my view the SN/NDX2 will be better but by a smallish margin. The NDX2 really comes alive with an additional power supply. Will you ever do this in the future? If not why not save the cash and go for the lesser streamer. I use an NDX2/555 and it is great but not cheap!

Can you get to a dealer for a dem of the options?

If you absolutely have to buy the tunedots, then SN3 and Nd5xs2 is a good start. You can add an external dac to the Nd5xs2 later.
But I fear that tunedots will not have enough quality power….But it’s your choice.

The Bluesound Node 2i arrived earlier today and is now installed in my rack happily playing via Qobuz

Very happy to be able to discover new tunes and thanks for the suggestions

Enjoy the music!

9 Likes

Have fun!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.