Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

Rydges World Square, Pitt St.
We had another tip: cool Mexican restaurant Santa Caterina. Apparently we can walk in there tonight without a booking.
The Tasmanian Chardonnay is very refreshing and hitting the spot after a warm-up with Sydney Brewery’s Pale Ale :blush:

:joy:

We have to drink this now and it is mighty fine already but it will no doubt be much finer 5 or 10 years down the line.

6 Likes

Dare we tot up the number of bottles of wine consumed over the past couple of weeks?:flushed:
Have thoroughly enjoyed following your travels through this forum. Looks like you’ve had a ball.

3 Likes

Lol, to be fair I am sharing the wine with my other half :sweat_smile:

1 Like

P.S. but I have to admit my rucksack is full of liquid provisions this morning on our flight to Hamilton Island :innocent:

1 Like

Yes he’ll sleep well on that long flight home.

1 Like

God you’re going end up seeing more of Aus than most Aussies. Enjoy the island great way to relax and wind down after a hectic few weeks.

1 Like

Seriously envious, the Ghan sounds like the experience of a lifetime, all those lovely red wines .

Hope you bring back a pair of RMs .

Not sure what RMs are. The Ghan was wonderful. We would definitely like to do the other half of the journey from Alice Springs to Darwin some time in future. We had sone excellent wines on the train, but most of the wines were enjoyed at Longitude 131, where we had an all-inclusive package, and what an experience that was!
Now we are on Hamilton Island and finding it very difficult to be abstemious when the ‘Stralians welcome you like this…

6 Likes

Tesco Finest Côtes-du-Rhône Villages

You have got to go a long way to beat a decent Rhône imo. This one held up really well, opened on Saturday, the odd glass here and there. Vacuvin-ed between times. Dare I say it, getting better after each separate glass. Could it really be? Finished it last night. I’d buy it again.

4 Likes

RMs are boots, the best I’ve ever owned (3 pairs)

It’s the Alice Springs to Darwin that I would love to do , some BBL , a tour to a vineyard or two…

I can dream …

Must admit, I’ve never been sniffy about house wines or supermarket own brands .

If a supermarket puts their name and says Tesco Finest , you should expect it to be of a decent quality.

2 Likes

No more room in the wine fridge , just the one bottle , but I do have two bottles of 707…

Ian

2 Likes

I hope you are ok @Eoink. Best wishes. Mark

Looks like you are at Qualia. My wife and I stayed there as part of our honeymoon in 2008. Probably still one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Amazing. I hope it is still as good for you as it was for us. Enjoy!

1 Like

Echo Qualia comments,I was there in 2018,excellent hotel.

1 Like

I’ve never had the 707, and now it’s getting quite dear. But I’ll splurge for a special occasion at some point. I can also get it pre-aged from a Toronto auction house when the time comes.
Meanwhile, enjoy the 389 …

Dave

I’m invited to an old school friend’s house tomorrow night for wine with him and his dad. His dad is a retired wine merchant. Plundered the cellar - need to bring my “A game”! Very excited.

11 Likes

Met a friend for lunch and drank this delightful 2019 organic Lessner Riesling

9 Likes