Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

There is a shortage of salad vegetables like peppers, tomatoes etc, hence Eoin’s comments about “put them on ebay and buy a Statement”

I went into Waitrose, Tesco, Co-op and Marks and Spencers today looking for a red pepper - no luck

1 Like

Just go to a local greengrocer……we were in Debenham on Saturday……anything you want bought from the London markets. Supermarkets don’t want to-pay the prices.

1 Like

Our local farmshop was selling a cauliflower at £5.90 last month.

The supermarkets buy at fixed prices -was the explanation offered to me. They are now down to £3.00

Anyway back on topic, I’m, drinking a Co-op Shiraz, I get 2p in the pound back and 2p in the pound goes to our local food bank

Well I would if the cat would get off my knee

1 Like

I can only apologise.

Back home tomorrow for beans on toast.

11 Likes

Now you’re just rubbing it in. :wink:

1 Like

I know this is a thread about wine but I’d really like to see some of the food a these events. I guess photographing each course is not the done thing?

1 Like

He opened the 1934 for 50 people!!! At least 6 bottles…

Mon dieu!

We drank it with this…

15 Likes

That looks fantastic, what a wonderful aged colour.

3 Likes

I am a bit slow, but I get it now!:joy:

1 Like

:joy::+1:

Tapioca pudding, very nice. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haut Batailley 2009 Pauillac
First of a six pack I bought 12 years ago. It a high class wine. Silky smooth. It’s got the classic cigar box and pencil lead/ leather bouquet. Medium bodied with fading cassis fruit. I’ll drink the rest over the next 2 years as fruit is fading despite professional storage since purchase.

12 Likes

What generosity! And what a testimony to the quality of the wine. 89 years young - hope I look as good at that age!

2 Likes

Nice choice Hugh. Here’s what I thought a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Another lovely tasting note Eoink. I must admit I was a barbarian, and popped, poured and started drinking it at cellar temperature without decanting. I have five more and the next will be treated with more respect. Nevertheless, it really has that classic pencil shavings and cigar box character of aged Bordeaux. My favourite 2009 so far has been Poujeaux which is still very dark fruited and glossy.

Clos Ibai Rioja Tempranillo/ Garnacha 2017
Deeply coloured and spicy wine. Quite savoury, lots of blackberry fruit. Nice acidic finish.

6 Likes

The New Classic has arrived. Tonight’s wine is arguably a new classic as well. Beautiful Beaujolais worked wonderfully with a French onion soup. No Michelin * cooking here just great value home cooking.

8 Likes

La Tour St Bonnet has always been a good bench mark

2 Likes

First bottle of Mark Haisma’s 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet and its very good indeed. Opens up with masses of pithy acidity and then develops greater fullness and has a lovely long finish. The other bottles are likely to be even better.

14 Likes

One for drinking and the other is for Sunday’s Coq au Vin.
A little on the light side for me overall but very drinkable.

5 Likes