Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

6 Likes

7 Likes

Ribera del Duero wines are a recent favourite for me and have blind bought a few different ones recently (not yet ready for drinking).

How was it?

Very nice normally, the one I have tonight may be a bit younger (2019) and seems a tad harsher with higher tannin content, but it was under £15 and I didn’t decant it.

You’re right though, there seem to be many Ribera del Duero wines that are excellent value short (me) or longer term if you choose.

1 Like

+1

Excellent vineyard. They do a mean Chardonnay, one of my favourites. I must try that Blaufränkisch!

In Milano with Michela and others.

3 Likes

My favourite summer aperitif - fino sherry and tonic water in a 50:50 ratio with lots of ice and lemon. I’m using TWS Fino because it is ridiculously cheap and v nice

8 Likes

In fact, now I come to think of it… this goes very well with a doggie bag of squid, olives, pita and tzatziki I took home from a restaurant last night!

6 Likes

A recent holiday in Spain re-acquainted me with the joys of white Rioja so I bought some of TWS White Rioja. V good vfm and went perfectly with cod loin, roast new potatoes. chorizo, broad beans and peas

8 Likes

Volcanes Carmenere, very fruity, with notes of chocolate and less so herbs, spice and olives. This was excellent with a pasta dish.

6 Likes

Rose in Blighty in early June! Why not. A humble tempranillo choc full of berries. In fact tempted to go the whole Abigail’s Party and dip strawberries in to go with Black Forest gateau and Demis Roussos on the radiogram.

10 Likes

I do like a good rosé. This was recommended in yesterday’s Guardian, as is available from the Coop. It’s not cheap at £14.50 but we’ve had it tonight, with my hake tagine, and it’s absolutely lovely. I’ve never had a rosé quite like it, it’s almost silky. Delicious. I know @Richard.Dane is a Coop wine fan; you won’t go far wrong with this.

10 Likes

A nice full bodied, rich, robust red. Will be nicer tomorrow, but it may not last! – This is our bank holiday weekend in Dublin.

.sjb

11 Likes

Picked this up for 12 bucks. Dave Matthews gets a couple.

4 Likes

About 7 years ago I stopped drinking and smoking. I’m going to be moving soon and I have a bit more than a case of old Reds, and Ports. Trying to figure out where and how to sell them?

10 Likes

Wow - some lovely stuff in there!

1 Like

A very enjoyable organic white wine (Verdejo 2021) bought by my daughter somewhere in Swanage during our Bank Holiday getaway.

Unfortunately I cannot locate anywhere locally to buy it.

Phil

2 Likes

You don’t need to sell them. Just send them to me, I’ll pay for shipping. I will then send you evocative tasting notes as I work through them. This way you can vicariously taste them alcohol free! :wink:

Supermarket wine from other green pastures to go with lemon sole and courgettes.
Only thing: I forgot about the midges!

6 Likes