Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

A winning combination with family dinner last night. :champagne: :+1:

9 Likes

So did I - all drunk now. Not a ‘vintage of the century’ for me. But I wish I’d kept a couple.

And you have the lovely Essence singing and playing for you!

1 Like

my last customer tasting of 2023

then this red from Cartuxa

to end something rather special from Henriques & Henriques

17 Likes

You lucky devil … :slightly_smiling_face:

The 98 Rare is killer. Bravo.

1 Like

It was a real thing of beauty - not often that one has the privilege of savouring something quite so special.

Not slumming it then @Antz ? That H&H 50 would be pretty tasty. Did it have a good cheese to accompany it?

Where’s the lovely Joanna Lumley to knock back a glass or six of the Bolly, darling?

it was one of my Cornish customers, we hosted an evening with Humberto owner of H&H

went throughj 5, 10,15,20, 50 & Single harvest from 2000

9 Likes

That sounds pretty awesome! Think I have the 10yo sercial and 15yo verdelho knocking around in the cellar somewhere. I just acquired another bottle of rancio sec from a Rousillon producer so we are reasonably sorted for accompaniments to a hard nutty cheeses. The Comte awaits…

The Christmas Day wines, down from the wine fridge (kept in Mum’s old room - she’d have a fit if she knew ) .
The Langmeil is to raise a toast to Pete, Mrs Pete and any other baby Pete’s that are around for Christmas

The star must be the Blossom Hill , which will be used for the gravy

10 Likes

And a good choice too. :+1:

1 Like

Goes well with a nice ribeye steak… and hopefully a West Ham victory in the cup!

11 Likes

Good luck Kev. The history of WHU at Anfield is not a glorious one but who knows!
Lovely bottle of wine

1 Like

:chile:

Chilly outside, a Chilean inside, and this is very nice :yum:

14 Likes

Yet another trip to Anfield ends in a crushing defeat… :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Yes , one win in fifty five trips to Anfield . That was the Liverpool I wanted to see on Sunday , not quite the Liverpool of European Cup nights but there was little WHU could do .

I think you were wise to watch it on the box with a good bottle of wine and a nice ribeye ,

10/10 to the supporters who made the trip

Yes, I’ve had the Cune Gran Reserva, very nice.

The corkscrew police are watching you …

1 Like