Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

How is it? I’ve only tried a few ‘03s as I find the vintage really over-ripe and in some cases having burnt notes. I know some properties still made fine wines, hope that was one, it’s a fantastic property. Just noticed how much you paid for it, cool. :grinning::grinning:

I’m afraid I’m not so good with my descriptions so bear with me, I must admit that when I started to do some research that I wasn’t expecting too much but it is quite pleasant, quite earthy with a little mushroom on the nose but balanced in taste, nice fruit mellowness (may come from the age it now has) and not at all “jammy” as I was worried it might be from the hot vintage

Maybe a little acidic but the finish is quite nice with a little liquorice?

1 Like

Sounds lovely, a nice aged Right Bank vintage, and at 3 euros a bottle how can you go wrong? Cheers. :grinning::wine_glass:

There is that added bonus :o)

A selection of Kent Wines getting very good reviews in Norway, currently being promoted in Vinmonopolet. 15 years ago it was mainly Sparkling and Whites, now there are some very well liked Reds. Around 25 pounds in English money, expensive but low volumes. Well done and congrats to Kent and Sussex for working hard on the English Wine produce.

As a ‘Man of Kent’ I say well done.

![image|666x5

7 Likes

Finished this off this evening with fish pie great match

Saint Peray jean luc colombo

5 Likes

Now the guests have left, I think I should add a little about the Red at least.

Really impressed, very fruity, lite and fresh Pino Noir, excellent all round Red, food not required, just a delight.

In our party this evening were two regular wine drinkers who have a good knowledge of Wine, they were impressed. English wine is flowering and will only get better.

3 Likes

Currently trading at around €75, so you did well!!

Can you describe this wine for me please? Down here in the New World we (The Masses) just don’t know these old world wines very well.

Happy to but which wine do you mean?

Barbiana en Rama?

Hush Heath is just down the road from me. I don’t know their Pinot - I’ll check it out.

1 Like

Not a very assertive nose, quite delicate mix of flor, almonds, sea salt. The taste is more assertive with decent acidity and the almonds/salt flavours coming through. Medium length. I didn’t think this en Rama version was any better than the standard bottling.

99 Rows Martinborough Pinot Noir 2016 Julicher winery.
A local winery a 45 minute drive from Wellington.
Rich medium red colour with some bricking. Very smooth and round with meaty undergrowth, iron and ripe cherries on palate. A bargain at £15, must get more.

6 Likes

I’m not a lover of fortified wines but my concerns are based on cheap port and lemon aid in the 70/80s. I’ve noticed a few posts recently and ironically this turned up in my club membership box. Hopefully things have moved on since my last port.

4 Likes

Beef Sausages and this Argentinian Malbec for dinner. A really nice affordable Malbec really sings with a Sth American inspired skirt steak style meal.

5 Likes

It just looks rich and delicious from the photo Pete.

1 Like

Have to say I quite like it, all sorts of things happen when you drink it then it leaves you with a hint of vanilla. Very interesting, don’t think I could drink to much it’s sweet.

1 Like

Brilliant stuff. One of the best vineyards I visited in 2018. So sad that their property devastated by fire but the temporary tasting room and restaurant was brilliant and made very very welcome. I love the single vineyard wines and bought the Wallis and Judd Chardonnays as a result.

Yesterday was drink Chenin day do we obliged with these two. The Mullineux was exceptionally good. One of the best from them with loads going on in the glass as it opened up. Stone fruits and a richness and then a very long finish.

5 Likes