Whimsical moment. What do you long to hear at home?

I heard the Magico M2 speakers today on the end of a Constellation audio system at the Hifi show live at Ascot. Stunning sound but unfortunately come with a hefty price tag too. I’d like to demo the A3s to hear how they compare…

Being hyper-greedy, I’d like a house/room which can accommodate a very serious system (as you outline - perhaps not the SL2s) without issue. For many of us, the primary battle appears to be with the room.

I’m thinking of a place where the after-dinner cabaret is done by the Red Arrows :smiley:

1 Like

If my euro millions numbers ever came up that would be my dream system too, if it was a big win I might just stretch to a second power supply on the ND555 though :o)

I’m sure that the M2’s are stunning, but my A3’s are 1/5th the price. The A3’s definitely are a tremendous VALUE. But blindfolded I better be able to tell the difference!

Even within the context of this fantasy world that we seem to got ourselves caught in, I was retaining the potential of having a future upgrade!..
As an aside and out of curiosity, may I ask if you are happy with your current system. It’s not a common combination but one that seems very sensible in terms of box count and on the face of it has the potential to sound fabulous.

For me a six pack of Olive 135’s, Olive 52, CDS and DBL’s.

I have a full signal and quieting with 6 element on my NAT01 with Russ Andrews coaxial cable. Not sure if you can have a 6 element. I went this way because a Ron Smith would look awful on an old rural cottage. Compared to my other sources it still amazes me how good the 01 is.

1 Like

Its a funny hobby isn’t it, even when presented with a perfectly suitable solution for music reproduction we find ourselves constantly looking for improvements…

Yes, thanks, I’m very happy with the way my low box count system turned out as it sounds great

Although the temptation to meddle or change never seems to go away its the first time I’ve considered any part of a system as a “keeper” and I have to say that I believe the SCM50A is my endgame speaker

2 Likes

I can get clear reception on the NAD from either Hemdean or Oxford with a 4 element in the loft, most of the time, depending how I point it but I’m not in the strongest signal area for either. I’d probably need the Ron Smith which would have to go outside but I’m not keen on that either.

Rachel Riley

1 Like

Numbers or letters ??

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.