Who’s Pairing 252DR/250DR?

Not to say it the 250 isn’t good, but in my case I had not spent the money and was squirming having to spend it and I still preferred the 300

1 Like

I find the 252 and 250DR will be just where I’m stopping … magnificent!
Went straight from a 202 to the 252 so cant compare with the 252.
Dont understand about some old comments regarding the 250 needing sensitive speakers, mine drives B&W 803D3 with absolutely no problems and is never above 9 o’clock volume

6 Likes

I enjoyed a lot the 250 dr. I enjoy it today too. I am following Nigel in his kind of response.

2 Likes

Not a NAC252, but a NAC552/Superline here fronting a NAP250DR. I’m delighted with the combination. I have 10m a side of NACA5 running to Naim SL2s.

7 Likes

@Richard.Dane interesting, 552/250 is a sweet spot :grinning:

1 Like

252 and 250DR here.
Happy and no more thoughts of upgrading.

3 Likes

Sweet spot for me too, and @Simon-in-Suffolk, if I am not mistaken.

2 Likes

indeed Nigel - but I might be moving on from it to pastures green

1 Like

Bitcoin-fueled upgrade to Statement?!? Best wishes whichever way you jump.

Regards alan

nice - i sold my remaining bitcoins recently - and those proceeds are now being used to fund a renovation of our snug (and buy some high end headphones…) … but the value has been on the rise again and allowed me to make some modest gains from over the last 18 months or so :slight_smile:

Ah, I had you in mind when I saw the latest rise and was hoping you had enjoyed another windfall! Never mind, still curious to hear which greener pastures you are looking over…

Regards alan

Yup, I have a 252/SupercapDR, and 250DR with an NDS/555PS at the front. This is the culmination of a 14 year journey that started with a CDX2, 200 and 202. Constant through all that time has been Isoblue Rack and Totem Forest speakers. Latest addition was Phantom and Morgana. I’m obviously wondering what a 300 could bring to the party but it’s difficult to justify that sort of cost when I can’t really imagine it sounding much better than it does now. I really think I might have reached the end of my upgrade journey.

2 Likes

A friend of mine stopped and changed direction soon after getting to 282/SC/300.
Well I do really think had he just matched a 252/SC to the earlier 250DR things would have gone quite differently.
A great Naim based system I’ve been delighted to listen to was 252/SC(not DR since it was 10 years ago )250.2 fronted by CDS3.
It’s somewhere there I wish to hang my hat avoiding intermediate steps

1 Like

552 with anything is a sweet spot - like my 300DR :slight_smile:

Claude

2 Likes

Intriguing.

Anything you want to share?

All the best, hope it works out well for you.

Hi Nigel… kind of referring to it on another thread…

I think I am going to switch to John Franks designed amps … possibly the Ultima 6 or Etude. There’s a slight feel of the Naim 500 amp about them, but in a lot smaller footprint, and outlay.

Going for a DAC preamp… been having a lengthy home demo (helped by lock down) between DAVE / MScalar and now TT2 / MScalar… I am preferring the latter for a slightly more organic and textured presentation and musical feel, albeit ultimately not as super detailed…

Planar headphones as well as speakers are important for my listening, so I was looking for a transparent headphone amp in my system… rather than it being a separate bolt on…

2 Likes

552 DR / 250 DR into Dynaudio Evoke 50’s here. Happy as a clam.

4 Likes

Wow!

Let us know how you get on.

OK Simon, we will reluctantly let you leave the family, as long as you promise to keep coming back here and help us out of technical pickles.

Also, it is always good to know what is happening outside the fold, and that there is life after Naim.

1 Like

So you eventually plan to sell your recent 552 pre ?