Who would like to see a really good headphone amp by Na

Violectric is just now releasing the successor to the iconic V281 HA. It is the V550 and I have one on preorder here in the States which is expected any day now.

Best
Gregg

1 Like

I have been using a Topping A90 headphone amp with my HD800s, and very happy with the sound. A noticeable upgrade over the headphone amp of my SN2.

From my point of view Naim has missed a chance to really improve the SN3. If they had replaced the existing (unchanged from the SN2?) integrated headphone amp by the HL print, the SN3 would be much more versatile. It could even stay in the chain if a NAC282 or 252 would have been added later, together with a NAP250 or better. You could still use the SN3 as a proper headphone amp with an integrated PS.
After Naim didn‘t follow this path, a different approach might be considered.
So what would I like to see?
Well, here are some options for the interested Naim engineer from the development department. Controllers have to stay out for a while:
Put up a „HL 3“ by putting the (much improved) print on the left side of a standard casing (SN3 size), while an integrated HighCap sits on the right. It might be improved by an external 2nd HC ( XPS or even SC) and voila, you get something good with almost no costs for the PS, as it already exists. The PS 555 seems to be a little bit over the top.
From my side I wouldn‘t by the Focal Arche (which is not even made by them), as they are no dedicated amplifier maker which Naim certainly is.
Just my 0,50CHF.

1 Like

I thought the DAC V1 was another under appreciated Naim product. I had it as a pre amp for a while and thought it was wonderful it also would have been my choice as a stand alone headphone amp.

1 Like

Its strange it just seems to be such an obvious hole in the range…no headphone amp doh… I just don’t understand it…and the market has never had so many good headphones…eghh

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.