Why do accidents happen after you've decided they probably won't? (After an otherwise constructive day!)

At one point in my career I was in a small internal technical consultancy team, run by a chap who is still a good friend (we do Bristol, Ascot shows each year and meet for dinner a few times a year). Chris felt that his full team meetings were better for team building events, unfortunately I didn’t agree. I was still carrying a chief architect and 3rd line troubleshooting role for the core data networks. If I saw the telltale signs of a team building I’d excuse myself briefly, ring a friend from a landline and ask him to page me with an urgent operational issue about 10 minutes before the surprise event (to be identified by suspicious lack of clarity on the agenda).
I genuinely think he never realised.

3 Likes

:laughing:

Great story. Does he subscribe to this Forum?

Luckily not. :grinning:

2 Likes

Second Law of Thermodynamics

“Any stable system will inevitably degenerate into total chaos.”

1 Like

Sh*t Happens sums it up.

Phil

2 Likes

You need to write a weekend published glossy blurb for a well known newspaper.

1 Like

To take our Lord Sid’s words in vain…

“Entropy, entropy!.. we’ve all got it, entropy…”

2 Likes

Actually it was Kenneth Williams:

(but well worth posting anyway. :laughing: )

2 Likes

Trying to avoid a second trip for the most part seems to be my issue. To avoid a second 20 foot trip this morning, I dropped and broke one of my favourite coffee mugs. Twit!

1 Like

Sounds familiar - just about managed 6 mugs in a trip down to the kitchen - amazed I didn’t try balancing a glass inside one of them, had it been full of squash no doubt I’d have done so and tipped the drink on the stairs.

1 Like

Whoops, it was…sigh…all those years watching Carry On and I learnt nuffink!

2 Likes

Well as far as the smashed watch goes, it is several years old and battery life was waning - too old to even attract a trade-in from Apple and they’d charge at least £229 for an out of warranty glass repair!

Maybe my subconscious was after a new one anyway and allowed it to drop!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.