Why has Naim still not fixed their app

The Naim is so full of bugs I would be ashamed to be associated with it. It has endless complaints, and with good cause, and no it’s not a network issue, their standard excuse. I also own a Cambridge Audio streamer which I updated with a Naim, it is a better sound but the Cambridge Audio app works, which the Naim does not. I would sell my Naim because of this useless app except I don’t want to loose a heap of cash. Yes I am an angry fed up customer, what makes it worse is that two versions ago it was almost reasonable. Why have Naim ignored all these issues, none are hard to replicate, all are easily replicated. If it was an odd bug I could understand, but they are very obvious.

4 Likes

Such as ?

Were support unable to help the last time you raised issues?

G

1 Like

No they did a net work test and agreed it was working, fine. I should hope so I work in IT, which is why I know how to test software which Naim don’t.

2 Likes

Can you give details for some of the easily reproducible bugs? They should be reported

1 Like

If I need to list them, then you have clearly not used their app. Glad I don’t own their top price streamer, I would be so unhappy if I paid that sort of money.

I have reported them, in great detail to support, they ignored me. Read outside of this forum what people say, it’s not good. Not all are Naim Fan Boys.

1 Like

When I use the Naim app I don’t generally find things that are broken on it. If you do, it might be more constructive to say what problems you have experienced. Just having a rant might make you feel better now, but it won’t solve anything.

10 Likes

I guess you have to work out whether it’s better to accept a loss of some cash in favour of feeling less angry.

FWIW in however many years Naim have had apps I’ve found them faultless.

Good luck with it.

G

10 Likes

Well I reported a bunch and I don’t think the Naim app is great, but I don’t have any outright bugs now that are easily reproducible (except being unresponsive for a few seconds after waking up with 2000 Qobuz favorites on Android devices, which is reported and improved but not completely fixed). Though I have to say I barely use the Naim app, so maybe it’s me.

1 Like

I don’t see how you have not seen problems, a new one now is I have multiple servers but Naim only sees the last one I connected to, it used to let me choose a server until one of the recent updates. Have you tried to delete a track from a current playing play list, it deletes the first time you try and then never works again. It either crashes or you have to exit the app.

Hardly, I have been hoping Naim would fix these problems but they have failed to do so over numerous updates. I wrote nice emails to Naim, they ignored them or blamed Covid.

Move on life’s too short.
Good luck.

5 Likes

I have two servers to choose from: Asset and Plex. I can select either without issue.
Neither disappears if the other is chosen.

3 Likes

I use the iOS app and it mostly works flawless - did not have any issues with it that would make me sad. So might be a good way is to migrate to a more modern/stable device (you don’t mention what you use, but I assume you might use android)

Once I started to use Tidal’s native app with Tidal Connect all the possible usability issues that I had in mind were gone in an instant. So the good priced streamer is justified if you use the industrial app

4 Likes

I use the android app on my ND5-XS and it works flawlessly for me.

2 Likes

Neither of these problems exist for me.
I do think that you need to engage with Naim support in order to get to the bottom of this. Sadly it seems that they can be hard to contact, and are not always able to resolve some issues. A far cry from the way it used to be when your call would be answered by Steve or Phil, and they invariably had the expertise to resolve your problem. You never had to wait in a queue or hope for a return call. The level of service fell off a cliff when they were replaced by a call centre type arrangement, and that was well before Covid so that excuse doesn’t hold up. Nevertheless, there is plenty of expertise at Naim to resolve problems. Perhaps you just need to get on the phone and pester them.

Setting out issues in a calm, clear and concise way enables them to be addressed. An incoherent rant simply makes one look like an idiot. It’s a choice.

16 Likes

I have to agree with HH here, ranting is disrespectful to Naim (who provide this forum) and other members, the majority of whom are willing to provide help to anyone who asks for it.

6 Likes

It would help if the OP told us exactly what all the system & network components are & how they are connected.
Mine connects to any of NAS or Windows servers & works faultlessly.

3 Likes