Wife’s reaction to Super lumina 😮

That was also my wife’s reaction but for the opposite reason as I got my SL interconnect for almost used HiLine money! :crazy_face:

OK that’s the stressing phase of the process. For de-stressing, do you call them cute names? Serve tea? Bring them to the pub? Maybe a niiiice looooong hot bath??

3 Likes

This reminds of a cartoon strip of some books talking together, back on the shelf together after a long absence. One had been on a long flight to an exotic holiday, another had been lent to a glamorous friend and a third had had a long period alone with a smart modern novel with loose morals. The fourth was too distressed to admit where it had been but the thought bubble in the last picture showed us that it had been in the lavatory, unread in the reading pile.

Or maybe the threat of replacement with Chord or TQ cables? That should be rather distressing for Superlumina… And to show that one is really serious about this, one could arrange a home demo — a cable bake off… :rofl:

I do think that the process of distressing and then de-stressing is the way to go.

1 Like

Nice one!

Happy Christmas from Fun…chal, Madeira
:santa:t2::partying_face::tada::sunglasses::christmas_tree::clinking_glasses::parasol_on_ground::tada::santa:t2::rofl:

1 Like

Mine too. Followed by “TAKE IT BACK :rage:

1 Like

Good to hear the kit is off the shelves. Sounds like you need to update the system pics thread. Enjoy the new toys :smile:

1 Like

Well I have to say things were certainly sounding better last night.
Long may it continue.

1 Like

Having watched the lengths that Peter from Cymbiosis went to to install my 2 stacks of Fraim no way am I going to tamper with anything!

Here here :+1:t3:

Yes, i know the feeling Lindsay. I put mine together, and when Andy from Signals rebuilt, it did sound better.

Just before your divorce maybe ?

I am so impressed with the SL interconnect. It adds so much and brings out emotion and realism within the music. Very very impressed.

I will most certainly audition the SL speaker cables when the time is right following this.

4 Likes

I’m still mulling over this one. I’ll probably complete the full set of powerlines first - how have you found those on the HiCAP and SN2 @popeye?

Not put them on yet Mike, Christmas present. Didn’t want to put everything onto the new Fraim and NDX2 in one go anyhow.
Yes I certainly want to audition them tho.

1 Like

For me, SL speaker cables made a much bigger difference than Powerlines.

2 Likes

Do you think they would match well with a SN2? As usual, I can’t demo.

I wouldn’t know, but when I bought my SL speaker cables I had a 200DR and Kudos X2s. The combined cost of the amp and speakers was about the same as the 5m length of cable that connected them. On the face of it, that’s madness, but having listened to them in my system, I knew what they could do, and when my dealer came up with a pair at half RRP, I thought what the hell, I could probably sell them at a profit if I changed my mind. I didn’t. They are now buried under the floorboards, so I’m stuck with them.

FWIW I already had Powerlines on everything, but by comparison they seemed like a small tweak.

2 Likes

Hi,interesting that people have not obtained clear improvements in SQ with the fraim. As has been said it is likely to be the set up. I have a Mana set up and when I set it up properly it produces an improvement in the sound relating to dynamics, clarity and PRAT that cannot be matched anywhere near the price by a black box upgrade. I recently was able to upgrade to their stainless steel spikes and enjoyed a significant improvement in the sound.
On the question of interconnects, have people tried the Morgana cables from WitchHat. I switched from the standard Naim cable between my HiCap and 250DR, and am really enjoying the improvements - instruments have their own acoustic around them, deeper tighter bass, and extended and clearer top end. They cost about a third of SL, and with a 30 day refund guarantee, I felt I had nothing to lose in trying them. There has been a Forum thread of people trying the more basic WitchHat cable and opinion differed as to whether or not there was any difference in sound. Those who heard a difference thought it was a worthwhile cheap up grade. With the Morgana, there is a huge difference, but only you can decide whether or not you prefer it. There has also been a more recent Forum thread where some people have said, often after a significant period of time, that they decided they didn’t like the sound of SL and returned to their previous Naim cable. Just goes to show that spending loads of money doesn’t always bring a smile to one’s face! The rest of my system is 282, Dynaudio Audience speakers and Nordost Red Dawn speaker cable.
Best wishes Amer