Wireworld Matrix 2 or Titan Audio NYX

Hi, I’d be really interested to hear how the Matrix 2 works out. I’m looking at taking my first steps into “mains conditioning” and have a spare Powerline Lite so this seems a good first step. Look forward to reading updates.

Neil

1 Like

Hello Neil. I’ve only spent one evening listening so far, so not come to a final verdict just yet. I will have to plug in the old mains block to see if it sounds worse.

So far, it initially sounded no difference when I first switched over. Then after listening for a couple hours I noticed the mid bass was a bit more present, everything seemed a bit clearer and more defined, and the quiet bits were, er, quiterer lol

I’ve also changed another cable between pre and power amp a couple of days before, so some of the differences could be from that - putting the old Asda extension lead back will reveal if that’s the case.

Another thing I can also try is to change the power cable into the block, see if a Powerline lite or a standard one makes any difference. The Wireworld mains cable seems pretty good but it’s very thick and reluctant to bend. Makes A5 speaker cable seem flexible!

3 Likes

Interesting! I’m sorely tempted. Look forward to hearing more…

Asda extension lead back in, there’s actually not much in it so far, only subtly different and still sound good but will have to keep swapping…

I’ve got another week to send it back, so it’s worth a punt if anyone else is thinking of trying. Guess the results are very dependent on how good your electricity quality is and system dependent.

there is no way, I cannot understand if the (subtle) differences between the musicline and the matrix2 (with standard naim cable) are relevant and in favor of one power strip rather than the other:
the differences that I feel are on the highs, with the musicline they seem more alive but also at times decidedly more pungent; while with the matrix2 are more delineated, more “in the ranks” and in control but sometimes they seem less bright and lively (with certain engravings, certain voices, certain instruments, etc …)
maybe the matrix2 attenuates an acoustic defect in my room making it less pungent and less lively, but more true? or is the musicline more fluid and makes the music flow more freely and without frills?
so I don’t know how to evaluate these differences …
maybe I need more time and / or I have to change the procedure and strategy in listening and comparing the two …
I am bit disappointed actually

Well, the matrix 2 is in and that’s it. Current upgrade (almost new system since April less the speakers and Hicap) is done. No more tinkering, just goi g to be with it now and enjoy it. :sunglasses:

You should try the Eros Titan powerblock. More expensive, but less than a powerline. It makes really a difference, at least for me.

Maybe in time. For now, I’m done. :blush:

2 Likes

Sorry Neil, have you bought the Matrix2 at last?

Yes, the deed is done. It’s all in and warming up. I’ll be interested to see what it’s all doing a in a few days time.

1 Like

What mains cable between wall socket and matrix2, if I may ?
Thanks!

I had a spare Power-line lite from somewhere, so that’s currently doing the job. Also, that’s consistent with the rest of my system.

1 Like

I purchased a used Isol-8 powerline for 170 GBP. Really recommend adding this to the list.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.