Wiring instructions for Kii Three speakers

Hi
Looking for some detailed help from the forum.

I am planning to connect my 552 up to a pair of Kii Three monitor speakers so I can assess the impact the room is having on the presentation of my current speakers in preparation for further room treatment.

Two questions.

Firstly, how exactly should the 4 pin din to XLR cable be wired? Should the L be wired differently from the R? (I presume I should be connecting the Kii Three’s to the two bottom din sockets on the 552’s power supply a la 500 amp). I presume the wiring configuration is similar to balanced input into other active speakers like ATC.

Secondly, does the forum have any recommendations for good quality din plugs to use. I have a friend who will make up the cable for me and I would like to advise him which din plugs to purchase.

Thanks in advance.
Jon

Badger, Naim use Preh DINs with locking rings - they are widely available from places like RS and Farnell. The signal out DINs are DIN4s.

I have looked at a picture of the Kii Three input and it certainly appears to be an XLR, however I note it can take either an analogue or a digital input. You’ll need to know how they wire it. The Naim DIN4 output has the wiring shown on the back panel and in the user manual.

1 Like

Thanks Richard. Super responsive and helpful as always. Yes the Kii Three’s take an analogue balanced XLR input when the right switch configuration is set. That side is sorted as my friend has already connected xlr / xlr linn silvers from his KDS into his Kii Threes.

My confusion was partly because the on-line preamplifier manual doesnt seem to have the 4 pin output din configuration drawn on the 552PS diagram like if does on the supercap and I dont have access to my 552 right now. That could be a pdf rendering issue on my ipad.

I presume it is fhe same as the Supercap? I.e. pin 1 ch 1, pin 2 ch 2, pin 3 nc and pin 4. -ve

Also perhaps clarification from those who run active ATCs: do you wire one din/xlr cable to channel 1 and one din/xlr cable to channel 2?

Thanks so much
Jon

1 Like

Jon, it’s the same as the DIN4 on the Supercap and Hicap.

Thanks Richard

Also perhaps clarification from those who run active ATCs: do you wire one din/xlr cable to channel 1 and one din/xlr cable to channel 2?”

Any thoughts active ATC users?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.