Wish list for new naim products in 2022 and beyond

Is it a Cray or something?

Looks like you have to enter it to enjoy it.

1 Like

Oohhh, matron!

4 Likes

I understand Nigel. It was not a 1 box but a 2 box amp that I was suggesting.
The first has the transformer(s), smoothing capacitors etc. in it.
The second has the analogue electronics in it.

It is really not so very different from what exists today and is consistent with Naim’s philosophy too.
If you see the space reduction that Naim managed when going from the 52’s circuit boards to the 252, it’s really quite achievable…

Just sayin’

Best regards, BF

4 Likes

Well it does look like one of those odd sci-fi superhero movie contraptions where a human goes in and emerges as something else!

2 Likes

I’ve just had an awful thought but suspect I’ll be banned if I share it :smiling_imp:

That reminded me of the orgasmatron sketch in Woody Allen’s Sleeper for some reason.

I just watched Diane Keaton walking into one on YouTube. She seemed fairly happy afterwards.

5 Likes

It’s normally closed when in used. You can buy 7 full Statements with it.
120 000 W. Which speakers need so much power?

I wonder what did you had on mind. For me it’s the Time Machine.

2 Likes

Looks tiny there - what is it?

Make it seven!

The second PS for the ND555 is mandatory in my opinion.

That second PS makes it a really great source.

3 Likes

Apple HomePod Pro??

1 Like

That’s interesting. Having cleared the former AV room in time for Christmas I had not time to set up the old 5.1 system, and initially started with projector, AppleTV 4k and a single original HomePod - a few days ago I added a new unopened HomePod to create a stereo pair. The footprint is tiny but very effective and loud enough to potentially annoy the neighbours it seems. We’re comparing less than £800 of Apple speakers to 10-12-20x other gear here - not the same league but acceptable.

EDIT:

I may actually be resisting moving main hi-fi to AV room as I prefer stereo vs 5.1 or higher, plus the Nova/active SBL system is currently in a room with a solid floor, the AV room is a suspended floor and I expect all forms of unwanted resonace from the room - just have to try I may prefer it.

1 Like

The same as above, Pivetta only One amplifier. ( post 59 )

1 Like

We should open a poll : who wants such many boxes in 2022 ?

Picture from Stereophile

4 Likes

No way …

2 Likes

Only if the cleaner comes with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Me, but i would sold half of it :laughing:

2 Likes

I think transients can use all the power they can get. It’s still impossible to accurately reproduce the bursting of a balloon because it happens so fast and would need ridiculous amounts of power for a very short time (and there’s probably no speaker that could take it)

I can say only “ Amen” to that, as I have absolutely to answer to give.
:grin: