Wish list for new naim products in 2022 and beyond

:joy:. You got me.
If you prefer, it weights 250 pounds. The picture doesn’t do justice of the beast.
Price is around 20 k euros. It’s a tube integrated, but the transformers and ps are gigantic. So it’s very dynamic, organic, and with the magnificent tubes richness.

2 Likes

Thanks for the passion …:wink:

2 Likes

A range or proper shoebox sperates to replace the culled DAC v1/NAC152/NAP100 etc. It’s never happen though. Naim aren’t moving in that direction.

Not sure what else to wish for. The current price hike, while unavoidable, means that my Naim journey probably stops where I am now.

I’ve always wondered what a NAIT XS3 price point Naim tube amp would be like… in my dreams of course.

3 Likes

A reference network player which supports optical ethernet input.

2 Likes

Naim will NEVER build a tube amp.

Just ain’t gonna happen.

You think I don’t know that?

I agree that active operation is largely to support legacy speakers. This is reinforced by the recent price changes which we are told makes all active crossovers custom builds due to the limited demand for these devices.

1 Like

I have no idea what you know, I can only go by what you write.

Replacement for 272 of course, maybe a refresh of mighty 552 with superior volume control arrangement and separation of signal cable from the burndy… and perhaps a top of the range headphone amplifier ‘Super Headline’…

2 Likes

Should be a brand new update of the whole classic series

1 Like

I think most classic owners would prefer less boxes but same quality. I have 6. It would be lovely to have pre and power supply I.e. supercap in two “modules” or at least shoebox size. Same with streamer and power etc. I know it’s well discussed but simple facts are why Uniti and Muso are made for today’s perhaps younger audience. I will eventually go down to a Nova but would be nice to simplify in a graceful way

4 Likes

Probably not.
I wonder what kind of valves would bring out the most PRAT…

Totally agree…

In terms of valve amps and prat VTL amps are probably about as good as you are going to get… they are marvelous.

Any Naim product i don’t have to leave on 24/7! energy prices are getting serious oh and how about a new top line CD player(XS3?)

1 Like

I own an xs2 with hicap Dr, and I am absolutely satisfied with the combination. But the passion for hifi generates constant temptations, and every now and then the desire to upgrade the xs2 with a sn3 comes up. The speakers are Jbl 4311B Monitor. Will this upgrade, which doesn’t cost very little, bring me tangible improvements?
Thanks.
Maurizio

Hi Maupas, you might get more feedback on this question by opening a new thread. I’m not familiar with the XS3 or SN3 but I’m sure you’ll get plenty of responses from the forum if you do put the question out there with better visibility.

Rgds, Mark.

2 Likes

Use the search feature with ‘Nait XS 2 to SuperNait’ and 50 + threads appear. A topic that has been well discussed on the forum.

I went from a XS 2 to SN 2 awhile ago and it was a wonderful upgrade. It was a step up and for me worth the money. I cannot speak about the SN3 but I am sure it is a worthwhile move. Hopefully you have a dealer nearby and go in and give a listen.

2 Likes

If I were you I’d keep your amplifier and spend the money improving your sources. A Supernait 3 is really too good for any of them.

Going to comment here, at the risk of a bit more drift!

Or, adding a SN3 would improve the sound of all sources at once. And gives headroom for future source upgrades.

I only say that after demoing a CD5 through a NAIT3, NAIT5 and pre/power (suspect 202/200, though cannot recall for sure) and hearing the CD5 get consistently better at every stage.

Obviously the headroom only matters if source upgrades are planned. But for the equivalent of about UK £1500 (must be about the delta between a XS2 and SN3 on the second hand market) you’d improve streaming, CD and vinyl playback. If @Maupas54 bought a NDAC for admittedly £500 less money, it would just improve streaming performance.

You’ve run the Exact cartridge, so I’m not sure a cartridge upgrade with the remaining £500 would be much of an uplift?

I’m just not sure you could spread the c. £1500 budget amongst the sources effectively, so why not upgrade the amp first and do the sources one by one afterwards?

This does need another thread X)