Witch Hat Phantom v current

I know there are quite a few Witch hat Phantom fans here on the forum. I’m looking to upgrade my current speaker cables (Chord Clearway with ohmic plugs) on my system- Uniti Nova + PMC Twenty5 23i.
I’m interested in thoughts on if this is likely to make a noticeable uplift?
I recently added Gaia IIIs to the PMCs and was very impressed. Just looking to squeeze every last bit of SQ out of my set up.
Many Thanks

I’ve no experience of the Phantom, but can report that Tellurium Q Black was excellent with the PMC twenty.23s I owned for a few years.

2 Likes

I am currently using Chord Clearway and have set of WH Phantoms on order. Will report back when they eventually arrive.

3 Likes

Great, would be very interested in your thoughts. Hope your wait for delivery isn’t too long!

I’m using Witchhat Phantom 10m pair with AQ 500 series termination. It was much less expensive than getting NACA5 when I needed to change to longer runs. It sounds better too, although I no longer remember the details of why I believe that.

1 Like

Order placed on January 30, so hopefully will ship soon. I’m in the US so not sure how long that will take.

If it ships with a 3rd party carrier (e.g. DHL, UPS) you should see it within a week after it ships. If it ships via Royal Mail, once it transfers to USPS it can get stuck at customs clearing for weeks before it makes any further movement. When I got a z-foil Airplug from Cymbiosis last spring they sent it Royal Mail and it sat in Chicago for 2+ weeks. I had to wait about a month total before I received it.

1 Like

Thanks. I am now informed that WH is waiting on an unspecified part, so not sure of timing. I will make request cables be shipped by UPS or DHL if possible.

2 Likes

I replaced my NACA5 with WH Phantom on my Uniti Nova and never looked back :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Using the phantom cables on my PMC fact 12’s, absolutely love the results

2 Likes

ordered some WH Phantom last night to replace some 20 year old bi-wired Chord. website said delivery in 3-4 weeks. Very interested to hear what difference it makes to my system (Unit Star/ Focal Aria 926’s).

2 Likes

I’m using Witch Hat Phantoms with my PMC twenty5 23’s and I’m really happy with them.

2 Likes

I bought some to replace my naca 5 between my 250 and my SBLs. I preferred them immediately. They seemed more relaxed but with more detail. The system seemed breathe a sigh of relief and go for it. I am very happy.

4 Likes

Hi @Lakelandsteve. I replaced my Sword Supra with Phantoms and found it gave me more P.R.a.T and the soundstage opened up in all directions, and the bass became more defined. I have slowly replaced all the cables in my system with WH cables and it just gave me more of the above.
Naturally this is just MHO about my system in my room with my ears.
I do know, from my last correspondance with WH, that at the moment there is at least a 4 week wait for WH cables.

2 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts. Looks like I need to place my order soon with those wait times!

1 Like

I’m waiting on a 3.5m pair of Phantoms that I ordered in early Feb. I’m in the US as well. I selected the upgraded banana connectors.

Moving up from 3m of Blue Jeans Cable 10awg with locking WBT connectors.

2 Likes

Just placed my order. Looking forward to testing them out.

Thanks everyone for the feedback- much appreciated :+1:t3:

1 Like

I purchased a pair 5m yesterday to replace my Chord Epic SuperTwin

1 Like

Hi LRJH can you post your listening experience with them new. Perhaps later on after burn in I have Chord Epic cable as well

2 Likes

Will do, only changing as I need longer cables now but hopeful I will hear subtle improvements.

1 Like