Witch hat phantom vs chord epic twin vs naim nac a5

Paid by credit card so protected there. Also I quite like their approach of getting paid upfront for materials ahead of ordering. If anything that gives me more confidence in them staying financially healthy rather than over extending themselves with credit lines.

6 Likes

Can you use Phantom Speaker Cable with Naim Nova?

1 Like

Absolutely. Just sold mine. On to Oephi Ascendance :raised_hands:

Don’t want to say anymore other than, just give them a go if you are looking for speaker cable or maybe a cheapie upgrade.

20% discount or 25% for existing customers and an extended 60 day return, can’t hurt to try can it?

2 Likes

Confused as I thought the demo cables people were discussing previously were replacements for Phantom ? So there will be new Phantom and Spectre?

Spectre is a new model new to the market. Phantom have manufacturing issues so they are moving to another supplier. The new Phantom will not be made by the same manufacturer of cables that they source from so no identical in sound performance.

2 Likes

Yes. You can use the same cables with the Nova as any other Naim amp.

I’ve ordered a set of 4m Spectra leads and look forward to getting them, hopefully they should turn up before our new car which had a 8 month lead time- due in February.

Also ordered a WH lead to connect my 250, still waiting for that to be delivered as well.

7 Likes

I was very tempted but needing three runs just makes it too much for now. Very happy with the improvements other WH cables have brought though.

1 Like

Did the same, hopefully it will be in for xmas…22’

1 Like

I didn’t notice any details re delivery dates so I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

There’s a delivery timeline right at the very bottom of the Spectre page. I didn’t notice it when I ordered either. It’s under the section on the 45 day return period.

1 Like

Mmm looks like I might get my new car first. :cry:

3 Likes

I’m still debating whether or not to go for Spectre 2x5m. If so, the Phantoms would go on the second system.

I’ve got 3.5m SL cables that just aren’t long enough, I’ll use them in my second system as well.

You’ll get it February-march 2023. Earliest.

They’re not very reactive to orders. I find it a little bit of a worry that they take your money in full months before delivery.

From half way across the world it’s a bit of a leap of faith.

4 Likes

They are a very small company……we are helping to pay for the reel for them. They are good guys not out to to rip people off. They asked Spectre prototype reviewers on a number of features including price……we of course said too expensive. They lowered the price to a range we thought was very competitive……cos we pay the same pre-order price. Yes, we did it for interest, fun and helping out a small company that delivers great value and quality.
Sermon over😉

11 Likes

I’ve ordered a Morgana and also a Hatpin, both paid for in advance. The Hatpin was based on their advice and they then contacted me to say I don’t need it, so it’s canceled, but the refund still hasn’t come. I then had another email saying the Morgana was delayed with no timeframe given. So, it hasn’t been the best experience to be honest.

I’m sure they are great blokes but I think they need to be a little more upfront with how they operate.

Obviously I am trusting them as I’ve ordered the Spectre leads after the delay on my other order.

2 Likes