Witch Hat Speaker Cable Questions

I’m awaiting delivery of my SN3/HiCap DR and need to buy new speaker cable to hook up my Dynaudio Focus 140s.

I’m currently running 4.2 m of Kimber cable with apparent incompatible construction and terminations.

I’m inclined to go with Witch Hat cables as I need to route them round a fire place and under carpet. My main question is whether I’m best going for the Phantom or the N2? I won’t have any comparison or reference point as it’s a new system to me however is the Phantom too much/advanced for my amp & speakers or am I as well forking out once and not needing to upgrade again?

1 Like

Did you factor in burn-in time? I have noticed a big difference between OOTB (out of the box) and burnt-in, both for Phantom and Morgana’s…

1 Like

I used to have a similar system to yours and can recommend the Witch Hat Phantom cable. I still use it on my current system as I’ve heard nothing better at this price level.
The good thing is you can return it within 30days for a refund if you don’t like it.

1 Like

If you can afford it then go for the Phantoms as I pretty much guarantee you’ll end up getting them anyway in a few years time.

I have an SN3 and noticed a big improvement from the QED Silver Anniversary XT.

Keep an eye on the auction site and UK forums, I bagged an 8M pair of Phantoms for £390 recently. Far too long for what I need but futureproofed if I ever relocate my system / speakers.

2 Likes

No I think I probably did not allow for proper burn in. I was away from home for 10 days just after receiving the phantoms and then I was anxious to not miss the deadline for returning them for a refund. I have naca5 jumper leads which may or may not have influenced my experience. My speaker leads lie along the floor and I don’t know if that had any influence on my experience.

The morgana interconnect sounded brilliant right out of the box btw.

Looking on the witch hat site, I can find no mention of speaker link cables. What do people use Naca 5?

I am sure if you contacted them they would make some for you.

They do supply jumper cables, just not on their website. I ordered some with my Phantom cables. Cost £80

Does anybody know the structure of the Phantom? Is it a shield cable?

Thanks,
David

Thanks I will give them a call

1 Like

Just had delivery of my jumper cables
Choice of bananas or spades or different each end
£80 a set
You can also change the length from the standard 20cm

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.