Women's Euros

Congratulations to England’s ladies.

1 Like

God damn…I do declare… have you seen the light?!

Well done, Lionesses!!!

1 Like

Just brilliant - thoroughly deserved!

1 Like

What a coach they have :slight_smile:

1 Like

0_Lioness-with-football-in-her-paws-at-Longleat-PIC-Ian-TurnerJPG

3 Likes

Well not a classic but indomitable spirit.

One step further than the men have done since '66.

Bruce

4 Likes

Fantastic! Nerves shredded in ET but thoroughly enjoyed it.

5 Likes

Sky Sports headline, " Reaction as England claim first major trophy since 1966"

Err, no… It hasn’t taken the womens team since 1966 to win a major trophy. Seems a little unfair to lump Englands women team success in with the mens

Second. I hope the men don’t think that lets them off the hook :joy:

Well done to the England Womens team, they held their nerve in extra time and avoided penalties!

2 Likes

Quite unfair, but if it’ll stop the English media bleating on about this ancient England men’s team victory I’m all for it!!!

3 Likes

Fair point… it also only piles even more pressure on to the team! When it went to extra time I have to admit, I did have a sense of deja vu! Obviously they are made of stronger stuff!

1 Like

Having played it back a few times, I can’t hear one! (But then your German might be better than mine).
But I might have to utter one now. I’ve been so wrapped up with playing records this afternoon, I forgot about the match! I’ve missed it! What a plonker Rodney!

1 Like

Hopefully iPlayer after the event will be better than the pixellated quality I endured during extra time!

It’s actually pretty amazing when you think about it how much women’s sport is starting to get the attention it deserves.

Apart from sports/athletics at the Olympic/Commonwealth games, I can only really recall tennis being a sport where we frequently saw both sexes represented equally in TV coverage. An anachronistic thing but pretty awful too when it comes to role models for all.

Certain sports possibly lend themselves to the physical attributes of one sex vs the other or we’d have mixed teams for everything.

4 Likes

Yes well done ladies well deserved.

@TheKevster we are not talking about a sid james moment are we :rofl:

1 Like

x 11 ?

1 Like

It came home! Couldn’t be prouder of those girls.
And as a Gooner, seeing Leah Williamson lift the trophy at the end was just amazing.

1 Like

glad to hear it wasn’t just me! dreadful…

1 Like

12 Likes

The team were still on the pitch an hour after the game finished. Tells you all you wanna know.
You GO girls!

4 Likes

Actually, I would give Sarina Weigman the chance to manage the men and get rid of Gareth Southgate. That would be an interesting exercise.

2 Likes