WOODSTOCK,..Celebrates 50-years with Fogerty

250px-Woodstock_redmond_crowd

Woodstock Celebrates 50 years with Fogerty.

Woodstock-Festival,which is seen as one of popular-culture’s most crucial moment….
Celebrating 50 this year with both contemporary artists,and some of the artists who were with already 1969.

Santana, John Fogerty, Country Joe McDonald and Canned Heat returns to play for the Woodstock-crowd.

“I was there 50 years ago,and now I’m back to celebrate three days of Peace, Love and Music.!”, writes 73-year old Fogerty on Twitter.

Contemporary artists include Jay-Z, The Killers and Miley Cyrus.

Creedence Clearwater Revival Woodstock 1969

:small_blue_diamond:Creedence Clearwater Revival’s set,…
featuring John Fogerty…

…was one of the true highlights of the festival. Though they started late in the night,the way they played their already wildly popular songs demonstrated a band that was at the top of their game.

:small_orange_diamond:SETLIST WOODSTOCK,…Year 1969.
:black_small_square:Born on the Bayou
:black_small_square:Green River
:black_small_square:Ninety-Nine and a Half (Won’t Do)
:black_small_square:Commotion
:black_small_square:Bootleg
:black_small_square:Bad Moon Rising
:black_small_square:Proud Mary
:black_small_square:I Put a Spell on You
:black_small_square:The Night Time Is the Right Time
:black_small_square:Keep on Chooglin’
:black_small_square:Suzy Q

/Peder🙂

John Fogerty At Piteå Sea-Beach In Summer 2006.

The Old Rock Legend drew a total of 12000 people to the Piteå Sea-Beach on Saturday,this summer 2006,…and that is a lot up here in northern Sweden.
John Fogerty played his second of three Sweden concerts,…and it was a fantastic evening in the Midnight Sun on the Beach.

:black_small_square:John Fogerty played that summer 2006…90 kilometers from my home town,it is an artist who has followed me through life.
He played down on the beach,with the sea as a backdrop.
He’s music can probably,…as most people know described as very “toe tapping”.

It is almost the case,that you want to travel and visit Woodstock just for John Fogerty’s sake.

Here above “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” with Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Simple music that goes straight into the heart.

Many artists have recorded this song,…below two versions of Fogertys “I Heard It Through The Grapevine”.

Tina Turner above “I Heard It Through The Grapevine” Live Wembley Year 2000.

Rob Thomas & Daryl Hall above “I Heard It Through The Grapevine”.

John Fogerty and Brad Paisley above Perform ”Bad Moon Rising”.

I finish with a little older John Fogerty,who burns off his hit “Bad Moon Rising” at a music-festival along with Brad Paisley.

/Peder🙂

2 Likes

One more Fogerty clip…

2 Likes

I was on a US road trip with a mate of mine a few years and we rolled into Woodstock which is a very nice town. Being there we decided to check out Max Yasgur’s farm the ‘site’ of the historic Woodstock Music Festival in 1969 only to find it’s an hour and half’s drive away - the festival was nowhere near Woodstock! It was in Bethel which is not really a town - anyway we drove over there and on to Yasgur’s Farm just to say we’d been to Woodstock and were stardust and golden.

A few years later we went back to the States on the west coast and took a trip to the Petrified Forest National Park. Looking at the map we saw that Winslow was just down the road so we drove there and as the song goes we stood on the corner in Winslow Arizona.

4 Likes

JOHN FOGERTY,…Rock-God,Rock-Legend,Rock-Icon.

All have a relation to JOHN FOGERTY, his voice, his guitar-playing, his music.
It is The Music Of Joy,…and as someone said…

If You Can’t Tap Your Feet When You Listen To John Fogerty…You Must Be Dead.

Listen to this clip from 2008 with…
:small_blue_diamond:John Fogerty from the Royal Albert Hall,…
it’s 20 minutes long.

John Fogerty survives without Creedence Clearwater Revival,…but…
the Creedence Clearwater Revival does not survive without John Fogerty.

Also Look at the Drummer Kenny Arnoff in this clip, counted as one of the best.
John Fogerty is 63 years old at this concert,…an amazing man and musician.

Anyone visiting Woodstock this summer will be happy,…when John Fogerty goes up on stage.

John Fogerty,CCR From the Concert At Royal Albert Hall.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

:crazy_face:It Doesn’t Get Any Better Than This,…
Straight Simple Rock’n’Roll…Just Love It.

Listen to what an incredible voice John Fogerty has,…when he kicks off this song with 45 seconds A Cappella.
This Is Real World Class

:heart: JOHN FOGERTY
COTTON FIELDS.

This is ridiculously good,…Listen with “good stuff”…High.

/Peder🙂

3 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:We don’t seem to have as many John Fogerty lovers on this forum…Strange.
Simple straight Rock’n’Roll usually always “go home”…As we say in Sweden.

But I Keep Rocking Anyway :sunglasses::grin::grin:.

/Peder🙂

Not Fogerty himself but this has to do…

1 Like

I’d been wanting to see CCR then solo Fogerty since 1970, I finally got the chance in June 2007, and he didn’t disappoint. This is the only footage I can find, unfortunately it’s not great from that concert at Wembley arena, from memory I think it was the day before his Glastonbury appearance. Wembley was a superb concert everybody was up boogieing to all of the classics. It’s amazing how many Classic songs he and CCR have had over his long career. I even went out and bought the shirt!
1 Like

Strange ?? Not really, John Fogerty is hardly well known & hasn’t produced any rock standards, & CCR were not much other than a pop band. I’ve seen all the Woodstock acts on film/video & lucky enough to see many of them live during 60’s & 70’s.
I would not put CCR in the top ten of the Woodstock bands, very mediocre IMO.
For me the #1 set was Hendrix, Star Spangled Banner has to be mentioned as
does Red House (even with the broken E string) & Foxy Lady. It was such as shame so few people remaining to see them on that last morning. The other outstanding band was Santana, & have to mention CSN&Y, Richie Havens, Sly & the C.Stone & Country Joe.

1 Like

Some rank CCR a bit differently. Perhaps your post was partly tongue in cheek…

Creedence Clearwater Revival’s music is still a staple of US radio airplay; the band has sold 28 million records in the United States alone. Rolling Stone ranked them 82nd on its 100 Greatest Artists of All Time

… or does only ROW count :slightly_smiling_face:

You are of course correct that other fine artists performed in Woodstock too.

OK we all have opinions, but they are not in the latest RS 100 list

I have only seen the 2011 listing. What’s the latest one?

Bit hard to say when this is dated though – no real connection to RS magazine, anyhow interesting. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Mike-B,…It may be because we do not have the same musical tastes.
But in Sweden and around the world,…John Fogerty is incredibly big and famous.

With your description it feels like we grew up on different planets :wink::grin:.

:small_orange_diamond:As Johnt wrote,…Wembley was a superb concert,everybody was up boogieing to all of the Classics.

It’s amazing how many Classic Songs,he and CCR have had over his long career.

.John_Fogerty_Beacon_Theater_2013-11-13_2
John Fogerty at the Beacon Theatre,November 11, 2013.

:black_small_square:For his songwriting achievements,…John Fogerty was honored as a Broadcast Music Incorporated Icon,at the 58th annual BMI Pop Awards on May 18, 2010.
BMI Icons are selected because of their…
:small_orange_diamond:"unique and indelible influence on generations of music makers."

:black_small_square:John Fogerty was inducted into the “Songwriters Hall of Fame” in 2005.

:black_small_square:On October 1,1998,…John Fogerty was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

:black_small_square:He was listed on Rolling Stone magazine’s list of 100 Greatest Guitarists (at number 40).

:black_small_square:And the list of 100 Greatest Singers (at number 72).

Creedence Clearwater Revival

In 1968 began the success of the band, now renamed the Creedence Clearwater Revival,.got his first hit single with Suzie Q.
With John Fogerty as vocalist, Sologitarrist, songwriter and producer.
Three productive and Successful year starts for the group.

During this period they released…
:small_orange_diamond:SIX BESTSELLING ALBUMS,…and played on Woodstock 1969, among others.

Hit singles who ended up on the top-10 charts around the world during this period was…

:black_small_square:Proud Mary.
:black_small_square:Green River.
:black_small_square:Bad Moon Rising.
:black_small_square:Fortunate Son.
:black_small_square:Down on the Corner.
:black_small_square:Up Around the Bend.
:black_small_square:Travelin ’ Bands.
:black_small_square:Lookin ’ out My Back Door.
:black_small_square:Who’ll Stop the Rain.
All written by John Fogerty.

The Band’s music,…with roots in traditional Rock’n’Roll,.rhythm and blues and country,was characterized by John Fogertys powerful vocals and effective guitar riffs.
And is sometimes categorized as Swamp Rock.

Fogertys guitar playing with Creedence Clearwater Revival,…led that the Rolling Stone Music magazine ranked him…
:black_small_square:As the 40th greatest guitarist of all time.

:small_orange_diamond:The group had nine top-ten singles and eight gold albums between 1968 and 1972.

:black_small_square:And was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1993.

:small_blue_diamond:1985 a cover of John Fogertys song “Rockin’ All Over The World” became a big hit for the Status Quo.
:black_small_square:And the song “Almost Saturday Night” by John Fogerty became a minor hit for Dave Edmunds in the Uk and Sweden.

:black_small_square:Fogerty returned to the commercial music industry in 1997 with Blue Moon Swamp.
The album was successful,…and Won the Grammy for Best Rock Album in 1997.

:small_blue_diamond:On June 29,2006…he played his first headlining British concert since 1972.
At the Hammersmith Apollo theater in London,as part of the European leg of the tour…(maybe because of this,that you haven’t heard so much about him Mike-B).
During that leg,…he also performed in Sundsvall, Sweden,where 25,000 people came to see him perform at the town square.

:small_orange_diamond:The record Revival was released October 2, 2007.
Revival debuted at number 14 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart,with sales about 65,000 copies in its first week.

:black_small_square:Revival was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rock Album of 2008.

With Creedence Clearwater Revival

1968 – Creedence Clearwater Revival
1969 – Bayou Country
1969 – Green River
1969 – Willy and the Poor Boys
1970 – Cosmo’s Factory
1970 – Pendulum
1972 – Mardi Gras

As Soloartist

1973 – The Blue Ridge Rangers
1975 – John Fogerty
1976 – Hoodoo (ej utgiven)
1984 – Centerfield
1986 – Eye of the Zombie
1997 – Blue Moon Swamp
1998 – Premonition (livealbum)
2004 – Deja Vu All Over Again
2005 – The Long Road Home (samlingsalbum)
2007 – Revival
2009 – The Blue Ridge Rangers Rides Again
2013 – Wrote a Song for Everyone.

:black_small_square:So,…as you wrote Mike-B…
“John Fogerty is hardly well known & hasn’t produced any rock standards,”

It is not true,…And now I has far from written about everything he has done.
There is much,much more.
That’s why I wrote at the beginning,…that it feels like we grew up on two different planets :wink::grin:.

/Peder🙂

2 Likes

I do recognise some of the stuff you list, but none are what would call standards.
Obviously you will never agree with me, & I you, but I am not going to try.
I have seen him in live performance some years ago in USA, sorry he doesn’t do it for me.

:small_blue_diamond:Mike-B,…You have to joke,.Just take these 9 above on the singles list…Rock Classics all.

They are as famous as…

:black_small_square:Prince,…Purple Rain.
:black_small_square:Tina,…Simply The Best.
:black_small_square:Beatles,…She Loves You.
:black_small_square:Stones,…Jumpin’ Jack Flash.
:black_small_square:Michael Jackson,…Billie Jean,etc,etc.

But as I wrote,…We have different musical tastes.
But despite that,.to deny that it is Rock Classics.
Yes It seems to me very strangely,…even more strangely,.your view of this is…
Because many,many great artists recorded his classic songs.

:black_small_square:And…It’s not about me to agree with you or vice versa.
It is about his recognition and greatness by the music industry,…And it is well documented.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

Peder, you have an opinion & your own tastes in music, as do I.
As to the five you list, sorry but they are all pop, not rock, but no way is anything Fogerty has done is close to even those.
But to not mention any of the classics from Pink Floyd, Eagles, Clapton. Hendrix, Beck, Deep Purple & so many more just shows your don’t understand what is rock.

Lets just move on.

“… this is gonna blow your minds”

Can there really be more like rock than this?

2 Likes