Shouldn’t that be “What the hell is that like?”

1 Like

It’s like “um” or other verbal fillers

1 Like

Are ‘sexton’ and ‘parson’ ok?

2 Likes

More sherry, Vicar?

1 Like

It may have been mentioned before…. “Headspace”. Just heard someone say “I wonder what’s going in his headspace”. Huh?

Uptick
Leverage

2 Likes

I work in finance and these are common place corporate bullsh**
Being UK based leverage is always pronounced American way which adds to annoyance.
First world problems :grinning:.

1 Like

Norwich City nil…

2 Likes

Think that one’s already been accepted into common usage!

1 Like

Yes, all too true…unfortunately.

1 Like

As a wee boy, following in dad’s footsteps, I really did believe, when the day’s results were being read out on the radio, that my football team was indeed named Partick Thistle nil. :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

Reminds me of Eric Morecambe’s East Fife 4 Forfar 5

2 Likes

And usually preceding a price unrelated to value

1 Like

Physicalcaiity

‘Chill’ used as an adjective, as in ‘That was a nice day out: very chill.’.

Chilled would be the adjectival form I’d expect, but everyone below the age of 25 seems to have dropped the -ed.

Mark

2 Likes

The ever increasing use of ‘passed on’ or, worse, ‘passed’ instead of died or dead.

Fall off the perch. Now, that’s better.

5 Likes

Adding to my own thread if I may…

It’s not rocket science.

Be like. (Used to predict and stereotype what a person or group of people may say.)

Deliver. Overused by politicians.

GC pretty much has this subject nailed.

3 Likes

Particularly since they invariably fail to do so.

2 Likes

A bit if self depreciating humour may be required. This thread is about phrases that are like nails down a chalkboard. But we’ve all just listed mild annoyances. If the phrases we’ve all contributed here really enrage us as claimed, then anyone who chances upon this thread could only (and accurately) surmise that we are a bunch of curmudgeons and gits without any real problems to worry about.

If the cap fits, we should probably wear it :disguised_face:

2 Likes