World Cup 2022

Solely

I was going to boycott this WC but I can’t miss the opportunity to watch France v Australia. I’m not expecting us to win but would love to see them make the French work hard for a win.

1 Like

So far you’re not doing too badly

1 Like

It’s the next 80 odd minutes I’m worried about. :grin:

2 Likes

They have the amazing players, but rarely play as a team. Always some scandal, infighting etc. going on.

Despite the players I don’t expect them to go far.

What’s the old saying, a good team will always beat a team full of good individuals.

1 Like

My euphoria has been short lived.

1 Like

Great first half. Australia holding their own…just.

France look very good going forward but the Aussies are giving them far too much room to play.

Things could get embarrassing for the green and gold…

I decided to go for a swim at half as I feared we’d already played our best.

Well done France, they did look pretty awesome.

Power woman from UK, good mark against archaic values ​​and stupidity…:clap::clap:

8 Likes

She “can play a bit” as well…

…as in 140 caps for England!

2 Likes

Both of their goals were good, but I thought that the 2nd goal for Saudi Arabia was exceptional.
All the TV pundits had to say was to criticise the Argentinian defenders. If a Brazilian or German had scored that goal, they would have regarded it as one of the all-time best World Cup goals (which it was).

3 Likes

Yes, apparently constantly abused by on-line trolls.
In their own sad, pathetic little lives they obviously can’t accept that a woman can be talented, intelligent and beautiful.

1 Like

Another day for the underdog though Japan are a very good side and Germany are not their usual selves but still a great result for Japan.

Spain look very, very good the two teenagers in midfield Pedri and Gavi are like a young Xavi and Iniesta it’s been said the Spanish don’t have any firepower yet they scored seven goals and when the game was won they brought on another two young players I’d never heard of who looked exceptional.

Belgium scraped a win against a very good Canadian side who missed a penalty and Croatia drew with Morocco.

2 Likes

Germany will no doubt be fearful of propping up the group - again

Spain scored seven against a nonexistent opposition, be very interesting to see them against a decent opponent.

Canada were very good in defence and midfield, but woeful upfront.

2 Likes

A bit like England only we managed to concede 2 as well.

Brazil Serbia is an odd game. Something a bit off about Serbia, why aren’t they just clattering into the Brazilians, rather than let them dance around their defence and midfield?