Worst Sounding Gigs

Motörhead at Cambridge Corn Exchange - never heard them so Quiet although Brixton was close

Anything at Brixton- terrible sound and way too quiet

On the other hand
Hammersmith and especially for Motörhead that’s one to go deaf to
The O2
The Roundhouse
The Forum - Kentish Town

Lyndon

I don’t know why, but the Cambridge Corn Exchange just kills sound. I have stopped going there as I know I will be disappointed.

1 Like

Another vote here for Motörhead.

The Bradford St George’s Hall - usually had good acoustic as far as I remember but Motörhead hit the stage played the first note and I couldn’t tell the difference for the next hour.

Oh and 2 days later I got my hearing back and I was up in the circle!

Motorhead towards the end were terrible, just a wall of white noise whereas previously it was loud but you could hear the music.

Same at Manchester Ariana 2006/7 diabolical sound yet at Preston guild hall bloody brilliant amazing sound

Depends how drugged up they where I suppose , Jimmy page is a brilliant guitar player but when high he’s rubbish to the point you can’t hear anything try you tube there are some crackers on there most famous is band aid with phill colins , Jimmy was so out off it

Goldfrapp has tickets on sale available for 2022 Cambridge corn exchange. Hasn’t sold out.
I’m not buying - even though how much tempted.
CCE has THE most atrocious sound system ever.
I’d rather go deaf. Which is a very real probability after such a visit to this venue.

Agree, I won’t be going to the Corn Exchange again as I always spend a few hours frustrated with the poor sound.

I was at those Deeside gigs @SteveO. If I remember correctly the Motorhead gig cost me £6 and there were 6 bands playing! I actually quite enjoyed it and Lemmy blew his amp up accompanied by the legendary sentence “I’ve just blown another F***ing amp”!

But my worst gig was Santana at The Hammersmith Odeon in 1989. Sitting in the upper circle the sound was awful. I was extremely disappointed as I was a massive Santana fan

1 Like

Earth, Wind & Fire, Seattle waterfront, early 2000s. EW&F are a bucket-list band for me, but the gig was quite disappointing, not because of their playing, but because the combination of the setting - the end of a wide jetty, surrounded by sea on three sides - and a mediocre sound system meant that the sound was very diffuse and distant. Hope I get to see them in a proper setting at some point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.