Would you downsize?

I would happily downsize, playing with boxes is a massive distraction for me and my No.1 requirement is a great user interface.

I have been using BluOs and I like it, but it isn’t as nice to use as the native interfaces by Tidal or Qobuz.

Well, if an app is a piece of software, then ‘app’ implies the electrical circuits in which the processing of that software occurs.

And there are a lot of functional sections at work in an Empire.

I_B,

hi. I apologise for not being sure I caught your post’s meaning completely, sometimes not being an English speaking native creates problems to me. Anyway, I think I got the sense. Actually, mine was not meant to sound as a statement but was just my idea. I agree with the second part of your post. I add that sonic performance was italicised because it comes from the OP’s original post. I somehow put it in contraposition to sound because it had a different meaning for me, implying some activity on our mind’s part to appreciate the outcome of the system.

Hope it makes sense.
m.

1 Like

Hi Max, makes complete sense to me - just not a distinction I had thought about drawing myself.

Ok, thanks.
m.

I think we’ve all done the A/B test, does it sound better with a NAPSC or without

My problem was it all became too complex at the back , and when it came out - it would be unfeasible to put it it back , the Nova does a very good job - and I accept it for what it is and what it does. I am totally convinced my former 5 box amplification system would out perform the Nova but it was a nest of interconnected rats tails

I should say I would put the entire XS2 range plus CD player as a replacement for the Nova - but that would be because the ND5XS2 would go into my AV rack and be used as a digital hub / radio streamer replacing the Unitiqute leaving me three boxes for amplification , phono management and Red Book CD in the audio rack -which is what I have at the moment

1 Like

Interestingly the poll I set up currently shows that only 15% of the 65 forum members are thinking of downsizing or have already done so for a system of lesser sound quality or regardless of whether that is the result.

1 Like

The purpose of this thread was specifically to ask if people would buy a single box if it sounded as good as the multi-box system they now own, without a cost saving. You’re not going to achieve that with a Naim system, so if that had been your question you wouldn’t have had many takers….but it’s not what you asked.

1 Like

Where is the poll?

The poll is here (hyperlinked): Polling views/intent on downsizing or not

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.