Yay, Tidal in app problem fixed!

I’m having this same issue. It’s less of an annoyance than the room drops I’ve been getting ever since 4.8.

1 Like

Not sure where to put this but I want to inform people of an issue attempting to update 272 to 4.8 with a network that uses VLANs. If you don’t know what that is it is probably something you do not need to worry about. I could not get a complete and proper update to 4.8 until i put my Naim 272 and laptop on the same Management (non-VLAN) subnet. FWIW

Yes that is right. Sometimes people say that the laptop and the streamer need to be connected to the internet, but that is not correct. The second part of the update is sent from the laptop to the streamer via the Ethernet connection and so both need to be connected to the same subnet and have an IP address. You don’t actually need an internet connection once the update software is downloaded to your laptop.

@randi Because your running DSM 6.x would you please install the MediaServer package from Synology? Mediaserver should be working with 4.8. Both packages can run parallel

I am running DSM 7.x and 4.8 on the 272. I can see the upnp server from the naim app but not from the panel - is no issue with 4.7

The problem described on 4.8 is not caused by the renderer. It doesn’t matter if I use the standard Synology one or MinimServer, the behavior is the same. It’s often enough to make me stick to 4.7, since I didn’t notice any sound difference vs 4.8 and I don’t use Tidal.

That’s my opinion too, but support will say it’s my network.

btw. a new app version has been released. At least the slider is no longer grayed out or sliding. But when I open the app, I still can’t adjust the volume without switching the menu at least once

Still grey here until I select the bottom left now playing icon, and then I can alter volume in 6.1.2 vr.

1 Like

Yes, there is a new version, but the volume slider issue is not addressed yet. Still need to go back and forth between the main menu and the input menu to make it work.

1 Like

@randi Thanks for confirming, at least we know Naim staff know about the issue, guess the latest update was to sort out another glitch so will wait patiently for the next update😉

1 Like

Well, happy to confirm that the latest 6.1.3 iOS app version fixed the volume slider issue :partying_face:
Thank you support team :hugs:

1 Like

Not a great deal of time in last few days to listen to the system :angry: but a quick play does seem to indicate issue with slider has been fixed. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.