You can only go to one gig, so choose which one

From that lineup it’s a tough choice, I think I’d go Skynyrd because I never saw their classic lineup.

2 Likes

Lynyrd Skynyrd

1 Like

Saw them a few times and each time they were just brilliant. Still think to this day they were the best band at Knebworth the year the Stones headlined.

1 Like

The Beatles, the roof top of Apple Corp January 1969. I would have sold my soul to be there.

2 Likes

Deep Purple Japan 1972
Exhilarating concert by a band pushing the boundaries of virtuosity.

2 Likes

Choosing from those on the list is quite a challenge as there are so many I’d like to have seen or seen again, but I think I’d go for The Carpenters. Karen Carpenter had one of the finest voices ever.

Although, I see the date is 1975, so I might have to sneak in to see Fairport as well as I never saw Sandy Denny - one of life’s big mistakes!

1 Like

The Carpenters for me too. Karen’s voice was truly beautiful.

I was too young to have seen them live, but I would have loved to have seen them perform and listen to Karen on the night.

The Smiths at Glastonbury in 1984?
Oh, I was there.

Rod Stewart and the Faces, Marquee club December 1970.

1 Like

As it was the winter season, I thought Sandy and Trevor would have left by then. Not sure now I think about it.

Yeah, seeing The Beatles oh the roof top of Apple would have been good but I would go for seeing them play in The Cavern before their first single.

Anyone on the forum actually see them in The Cavern?

Richard

Yes good point, I‘d settle for either.

But neither is 1975 in the Apollo Glasgow.

It’s a no brainer, it has got to be the Jack Jones Show, with the lovely Lyn Paul ( she of The New Seekers ) and the hilarious ? Lenny Bennett.Take my £1.50 now!

1 Like

Oops, sorry. Exit stage left.

1 Like

Pretty much seen most of them over the years. On that basis The Four Tops by some considerable distance. Early Roxy were exciting but a mess live. Supertramp lacked focus and several of the others wouldn’t make my top 10 of gigs to even think about. If I had to consider others it would be Tammy Wynette. Dr. Feelgood had a tremendous rep wfuch had only grown over the years but goodness they lacked melody and were frequently turgid.

Always thought Feelgood were better in smaller halls. The only issue I ever had with Supertramp was the reluctance to play encores

Would like to have seen Zepp and Free. However if cornered I would like to relive the first concert I went to with a School friend.
Birmingham Odeon Feb 77. Lynyrd Skynyrd. Joined by Pete Haycock of Climax Blues Band for encore.
The best line up imho, apologies to Ed King. A real tragedy eight months later, including Steve Gaines, a star in the making.
I would take some cotton wool if I could go again.

Pink Floyd

1 Like

I saw Uriah Heep and Alex Harvey at the Apollo that year. If I could choose one concert it would be Rory Gallagher, saw him at the Apollo too.

2 Likes