You can only go to one gig, so choose which one

@Naim-newbie

A ny concert in the 73/75 phase.
( live performances of both DSOTM & WYWH, could you imagine?)

Personally i went in Lisbon 94 .

Absolutely

I do hope to try and see Roger Waters or David Gilmour if they tour in the UK again

1 Like

@Naim-newbie
saw Waters in In the Flesh tour and The Wall, when he came to Portugal.
never Gilmour , in (is) solo Tours

Unfortunately, although I have seen Roger Waters during his UK tours, Roger Gilmour tends not to tour the UK, preferring to perform a series of dates in London. I would certainly buy tickets were he to tour my area of the UK.

I did have ticket’s to see Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets this year, but that was of course poleaxed by the Covid virus. I very much hope that a vaccine appears sometime next year & that the concert is re-scheduled.

I saw LS on that tour at the Rainbow. Awesome. Yes Steve Gaines was a fantastic player.

Regards,

Lindsay

Ah, The Rainbow ( or Finsbury Park Astoria :slight_smile: )
Best concert I saw there was probably Melanie at the time of power cuts and 3 day weeks. Lights went out, Melanie sat down on the stage in the darkness and just kept on playing. Then individual small lights came on in the audience, as first matches then cigarette lighters came out. Magical.
( No phones back then)

Bob Marley at The Rainbow.

1 Like

Dire Straits at the NEC late 85 maybe early 86. A then good friend badgered me into going, got me a ticket (just one, he went 3 times) then closer to the date and sensing my not quite 100% absolute desperation to see them suggested I pass on the chance so that his pal from work who really was keen could go. No way; I fancied seeing them by then, and was up for it. It still miffs me that mainly out of him having possession of said ticket and refusing my payment, the deed was done. Or not in my case.

We sort of drifted apart as pals over the next year or so, and I never did get to see Dire Straits live except on The Tube on C4, the Live in 85 At Wembley gig. Cheers mate.

Let it go.

and breathe.

lol

I saw them at the NEC at that time. I was a bit underwhelmed tbh. Sort of going through the motions.

1 Like

Nothing like holding a grudge. :slight_smile: A good friend is a C Palace fan and still has a regular pop at me over Leicester bringing on the 6’ 7" sub keeper for penalties at the end of the 1995 Play Off Final, when Claridge scored the winner in the remaining 10 seconds of the game negating penalties at a stroke. 25 years!!!. Bless him; top bloke. Unlike the guy who blocked my Dire Straits experience.

:rofl:

there are many stories of missed opportunities:
personally my biggest hurt was having chosen to go to see a football game, postponing the trip to Nirvana (Cascais Feb94) until the following year.
you can guess what happened shortly after …

How true. I was lucky enough to see many of my heroes in the 70’s but missed Queen at MK bowl in 82. I had tickets and didn’t fancy going. It was when the bowl was fairly new and I’d seen Geno Washington there, which was a bit mmer, ( and I love Geno Washington live), and Queen had faded a bit having done nothing remarkable since Day at the Races.

Of course it was this concert that marked their big comeback, after which they never looked back.

King Crimson at the Zoom Club in Frankfurt, Germany, 13th October, 1972. I have the KC Collector’s Club CD of that concert. Even through the murk of a very poor-quality audience recording, the music and the performance are electrifying. I would have loved to have seen that show live.

Co incidence. Same name, same spelling, possibly similar age. (Bruss is a pseudo, obviously)

Blooming heck, Geno Washington he brings back so many memories. Totally forgot about seeing him first in 67 a week after I saw Pink Floyd. Keep remembering first time I saw him as being 71 but memory is getting old. My brother who ran the club just corrected me.
I seem to recall he had a Golden Microphone that got nicked one night at a Scottish gig.

Yeah I saw them twice. Once as an up and coming band and once on the Love Over Gold tour. Underwhelming is exactly the right word for both occasions. Pub band.

1 Like

Saw Dire Straits twice as well. Their first tour when they played small venues and they were fresh and different and really and then again during the Communique tour. If I wanted to listen to the album then I didn’t really need to go to a gig to hear it played note for note. Boring wasn’t the word.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.