Your call is important to us …

Err, what call?. Recently Sainsburys, Argos and Pets at home have ditched customer service phone numbers altogether. With the former I asked how can I complain if there’s no email address and was advised to send a letter with a stamp to the address on the till receipts!.

Good grief!
I find that there seems to be an increasing number of companies who do not provide contact information or methods. Adobe is one, who basically tell you to ask other customers for advice. And have the gall to charge over £650 pa to use their software.

1 Like

The big excuse is Covid which is rubbish. Assuming the customer support people are answering the phone from home they should be as quick if not quicker in response time

Hermes hmm.

I’ve found Amazon customer support is getting worse, it used to be excellent.

I ordered 4 items which were delivered to a locker together in a cardboard box - 3 were fine but a small hardback book I’d ordered as a gift had a grubby badly dented spine, with no appreciable damage to the outer box so I assume it was in that state when packed.

Contacted support via online chat who at least no longer need you to confirm personal details in order to engage with them wherever they reside.

In the past I think they would have simply apologised and sent a free replacement, but this time they said we can give you a discount if you keep it, a replacement or refund. I said I’d like a replacement on principle as I hadn’t ordered damaged goods planned as a gift. It was only £6 and I was instructed to take the damaged copy to a Hermes location for return, I said that the time involved in doing so is hardly worth my while for a low value damaged item. Maybe they assume most people are trying it on and will opt for a ‘discount’ but it frustrates me when items are less than pristine on delivery.

That’s awful Jonners. My father passed away at the end of 2019 and it was tricky to keep up with sporadic correspondence to his address due to travel restrictions during the pandemic. He used SSE and having informed the bereavement team billing came to his property addressed to the executor.

After many months a letter arrived addressed to him directly asking for a meter reading, despite me regularly recording them and correcting estimated readings by phoning SSE whenever I managed to get down. I was a little upset by this but they couldn’t understand why depsite me sarcastically asking how they expected his ghost to communicate the reading to them.

I’m allso with SSE who may be even worse as OVO and keep getting told they don’t have recent meter readings despite me phoning or using their meterline. Bet they’ll mess up the readings I’ve given online and via meterline for 31st March.

I agree re Axa Health. In fact asking for a callback is much quicker than waiting in a queue. I have several times had call backs within 5 mins when staying in hold is 30 mins plus.

1 Like

It’s getting up from the sofa in front of daytime TV that takes the time. You have to allow for that. Be reasonable!

Good to hear as Mrs AC has a few things she needs to sort out with them.

Sounds very frustrating and also rather baffling.

1 Like

:grinning: - you’re probably correct !

But then that’s the perennial argument about working from home - can you trust the person to be working

Presumably you can tell whether they have been working by what they produce.
Can you tell that a person is working from the fact that they are in the office?

3 Likes

James - I thought from the title that it was Naim customer support you were complaining about, so expected to find some spirited replies!

Delighted to find it wasn’t - and rightly so. I had to contact Naim Technical Support a few months back and found minimal waiting time plus first class attention once connected.

Well done Naim - everything you do just seems to ooze excellence!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.