Your Most Played Album?

Hard question to answer. Thinking too much about it but I reckon for me it has to be one of either Leonard Cohen’s or Joni Mitchell’s earlier works. They, along with Loudun Wainwright 3rd have been lifelong go to’s from my early teens to the present 67 year old me.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Based on the fact I played it alot back in the day and have featured it regularly over the years since, I would say this:

Brand X - ‘Moroccan Roll’ (1977).

4 Likes

An educated guess would be the Bobster’s Blood on the Tracks. Came out my second term at University so plenty of play early on plus one of the few albums I possess in multiple formats, play on portables and sometimes stream.

14 Likes

It’s even got you on the cover :grin:

2 Likes

This is the first album I ever listened to on headphones on an eight track that completley blew my mind and I have been addicted to music ever since.

Plus a few more since then.

10 Likes

Impossible to be sure. Some favourites always remain but my listening does shift around a lot.

If it was the most played in my lifetime I would say this, from an era when I didn’t own that many albums so permanent rotation was required anyway!

Last twenty years maybe this;

Last five years I suspect this one

…and last couple of years my Nick Cave obsession has taken over, either

or

Bruce

5 Likes

Without any doubt

12 Likes

Abbey Rd. My second pressing 1970 copy, played regularly for 52 years. Van Morrison Poetic Champions Compose played since 1987.

11 Likes

My most played are:
Have One On Me - Joanna Newsom
Strangers - Marissa Nadler
Saint Cloud - Waxahatchie
Transangelic Exodus - Ezra Furman
Stranger In The Alps - Phoebe Bridgers

3 Likes

First time I’ve seen mention of Marissa Nadler on this forum

1 Like

My most played track on Tidal in Feb was from Inside Out by the Keith Jarrett Trio.

My most played tracks ever on Tidal are shown below, but they don’t reflect what I mostly listen to now, which is jazz piano trios and Miles Davis from the 1970’s.

(I’ve just done a test of Tidal for 3 months but Qobuz has been my main service for the past year or two, and will remain so.)

2 Likes

Nothing else even close over my lifetime.

13 Likes

I always wondered why some streaming apps offer to tell you the most played music - now I know: for questions like this (except for most people it limits to only the more recent part of their music listening career).

1 Like

Since it was first released.

7 Likes

Pink Floyd

The Dark Side Of The Moon

Runrig

Once In A Lifetime (Live)

41hxmqErP3L.AC

For me it is definitely between these two, I don’t know which I have played the most but definitely my two most played albums by a mile.

Edward

6 Likes

Roughly how many times have you heard the whole album?

Do you usually play the whole LP, or just parts of it?

Do you ever listen to his other stuff?

1 Like

Perhaps an average of 6 times a year since 1975? 300 plays? Peaks and troughs of course.

I play the whole thing.

I like most of the Standards Trio albums, especially Deer Head Inn and Standards in Norway, the Survivor’s Suite on ECM, some other solo work like Bremen/Lausanne. Rarely play the Atlantic, Impulse! or CBS albums. Never play his classical stuff.

2 Likes

Why do you think The Survivors’ Suite has no middle?

1 Like

If we are talking about all time most played, probably these three:

6 Likes