Your music catalogue - offline access

I just use my Naim app to check if I have an album before I buy. It works with my over 15.000 albums…

I have around 3,500 or so titles in various formats and I do more or less what @mikehughescq suggests using a MS Excel spreadsheet. I’ve done this for years. However, I’ve not got around to storing it on any cloud based server. I simply email it to all my email addresses every so often, so that I can read it on my phone.

1 Like

Like this

HI, last night I became mildly curious about how many albums I have on my NAS. I wrote a quick Export script in mp3tag which listed all the artist/album titles into a file, and then just loaded that into Excel and after filtering out the blanks counted the number of lines. That’s given me an offline file with a list of all my albums in it. If you use mp3tag the export script is as simple as
$filename(C:\Documents\Album List.csv,utf-8)
$loop(%albumartist%)
$loop(%album%,1) %artist%,%album%
$loopend()
$loopend()

Edit the filename in the first line to choose a destination, I use C:\Documents as a temporary folder for trying things out and delete it after use. I haven’t checked the output in any detail, after filtering for blank lines it has a number of albums in the range I was expecting, and a quick visual skim suggests it’s not duplicating.

1 Like

Very disappointed no-one has jumped in to show how Roon can do this :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.