Your Naim fantasy system

Another thread just gave me an idea.
What Naim system would you love to hear. Here’s one of mine.
Active SARAS with pre Circus LP12 /Ittock / Troika / CB 32.5 / HC / 2 x 250/ HC / NAXO

1 Like

@Bobthebuilder, I got to say at the moment my system is what I have always wanted to own, after some 18+ years having 252/SC/300DR with a superb LP12 I am one happy boy

Been lucky enough to hear 552/500 and statement, they are both sublime but I can’t reach that cookie jar to be honest, and visited our friends in Glasgow and heard thier LP12 in thier demo room -

I would in time like to demo 552 in my system - I am off to hear Kudos active in a couple of weeks @Cymbiosis - love those Kudos Titans - but to get my 300DR out of my system is going to take some doing to be honest

1 Like

I can’t afford to dream…

3 Likes

With my two cute but exhausting children, honestly, my fantasy system is the one I have right now just with time to actually listen to it in a room not overflowing with Lego and boxes of toys that resonate at multiple frequencies.

Right now, that seems as realistic as an active Statement system with ND555 and twin 555ps driving god knows what.

4 Likes

Easy - LP12 1990s spec with an Ittok & Troika feeding a Naim 52 / 6 x 135s / SNAXO into active Linn Isobariks, or DBLs.

I’d love the chrome bumper aesthetic, but a 32.5 doesn’t have a remote - olive it is then!

1 Like

Fairly straightforward. I’d like to try a NAC552 in place of my NAC152XS even though my CD5XS with FCXS would no doubt be shown up. I like to think my NAT radio and my Linn would be okay :grinning:

C.

1 Like

For me nd555 , nac552 , atc scm50a

1 Like

My initial idea was to find out which Naim system you fantasize about hearing not owning past and present but it’s certainly great to know some of you are content.
I’ve been mostly content with all the Naim systems I’ve owned from 32.5/90 up to 282/HC/300 (not so content) and back down through most Olive combinations to a Uniti 1 but there are still some I fantasize about hearing.

1 Like

given that the UQ2 in the office is my main system now, I might fantasize that the current lounge system becomes the office system one day.

2 Likes

I remember a post in the old forum of an active Statement system. I would love to hear an ND555 with 2 power supplies and active Statement into DBL, Ovator 800 or Kudos 808. Never would ever be able to afford…but thats my silly dreamer system.

3 Likes

My NAC 552, but feeding a pair of custom modified ATC active speakers using custom compact NAP250s as the active elements.

2 Likes

I’d love to have heard a six pack of 135s with Isobariks or DBLs, with a top Linn of the day. I still remember hearing Sara 9s playing Alpha Blondy (I’m not sure that’s entirely right!) driven by a Linn and a 250 and the drive and dynamics were really something. I had a Linn, 72 Hicap and 250 with Kans for about ten years and never got to hear active Kans with 250s or 135s, which I’d love to have had the opportunity to take up.

3 Likes

A Core, Atom, and NAP200 with Super Lumina and Power Line connectors instead of the numerous boxes I have at the moment. Yes, I want to downsize my system , feed a nice pair of Harbeth P3ESR with the signal and I would be happy.

1 Like

I second a six pack as demonstrated by Hamish and Roger back in the day at the Sound Organisation. Those were the days …

I have heard the Statement on several occasions but it did not have same impact as the six pack. Perhaps I’m just both old and cynical.

4 Likes

NDX2 and SN2 - it is called contentment and I have no wish, desire or fantasy for anything ‘better’.

The main use for my system is to play music - this does it very well bearing in mind the SQ difference between the way albums are recorded and this takes in all current recordings plus going back 50 or 60 years!

4 Likes

I Agree, but since I’m fantasizing:

Statement Driving a company that is noted for loud speakers:

Wilson Audio’s Alexandria, not their top of the line, can fetch a 100K on the used market!

PS. Can anyone choose the proper source?

A company noted for their amps: Naim!
A company noted for their speakers: Wilson!
A Company noted to connect them: Chord!

Wow!

Set up by a team of Engineers and Audiophiles from this very Forum!

PS. Any Idea’s on the Source: Analog & Digital.

2 Likes

I’d mirror previous thoughts i some ways and would favour ND555 with the addition of 2 power supplies, fed by the top flight Melco into Statement Pre and my existing SCM50A speakers

As part of the fantasy can I allocate a truly wonderful room to put it in?

Maybe it should be subterranean, and sit next to the wine cellar I also dream of…

5 Likes

The passive Naim/ATC systems I’ve heard sounded more appealing to me than the ATC actives, so perhaps you’re onto something. If Naim and Kudos can do it…?

4 Likes

For fantasy system, wouldn’t it supposed to be like:

Statement Streamer(still a fantasy) with Statement PSUx2(still a fantasy), Statement DAC (Still a fantasy ) with Statement PSU x 4(Still a fantasy), Statement Phono Stage (Still a Fantasy) with Statement PSU (Still a Fantasy), Statement Pre(Reality for some, fantasy for me), Statement Amp (Reality for some, fantasy for me), all with Statement interconnects(Still a fantasy). And probably some fantasy speakers from Focal…

3 Likes

My fantasy would be to listen to a live Igor Stravinky concert captured on a Nat01 feeding a Nait2 and played on Tannoy Westminster Royals. This is crazy but it is my fantasy !

4 Likes