Your Song/Track of the Day

Gary Joey | Fade to Blue
Psychedelic Psyco

Joanne Shaw Taylor| The Dirty Truth | CD Track is called Shiver and Sigh.
Joanne is originally from the UK but maintains homes their and in Detroit, MI USA. She can play the blues as well as anyone. Just ask good friend Joe Bonamossa. This is a mellow tracking but I encourage you to dig deeper into her body of work. Her White Sugar CD is produced very well and also worth a listen. Joanne Shaw Taylor was discovered by Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics at the age of 16 who, having watched her play, immediately invited her on the road with his supergroup D.U.P. Yes, she is that good! Ive seen her live theee times and after every performance she conducted an extended meet and greet to make sure all of the fans had a cance to get autographs and photos. Locate "Jealously Live on YouTube and you’ll see her full prowes on display, It’s a masterpiece of guitar playing.

1 Like

Joe Armon-Jones Pray

1 Like

The Grants (Lana Del Rey)

1 Like

George Benson In Search of a Dream

Happy 80th Birthday George!

4 Likes

In Exile (Lisa Gerrard)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Gorillaz featuring George Benson Humility

Happy Birthday Damon Albarn!

3 Likes

Let Me Talk To You/My Love - ft. T.I. (Justin Timberlake)

FKJ Unchained

1 Like

Lovefool (The Cardigans)

1 Like

Chicane Andromeda

1 Like

Meshell Ndegeocello Virgo

2 Likes

Human (The Human League)

4 Likes

Yellowjackets Top Secret

3 Likes

Capturing her inner Gary Moore, I thought. Her fingering is not dissimilar to Moore either, being predominantly a three finger player.

1 Like

Getting a bit technical…? Assume you play…?

From the close ups of her fingering she seems to stretch across a number of frets rather than the ‘correct’ technique of one finger per fret (on a single string). That doesn’t work in every situation or demand, but it’s generally what is taught. I had a jazz teacher who was quite strict about it!

Over (Portishead)

4 Likes

Looking at the solo, I can see that she just uses her first 3 fingers - her little finger is not used at all. Seems to work OK for her… :open_mouth: