Born To Be Alive (Patrick Hernandez)

May It Be (Enya)

3 Likes

Steely Dan FM

4 Likes

Cool Night (Paul Davis)

David Sanborn Port Of Call

3 Likes

Insane version of walk on the wild side.

3 Likes

Living In Another World (Talk Talk)

1 Like

Delicate and Beautiful

2 Likes

I Won’t Let You Down (Ph.D.)

1 Like

If I knew how to, I would post the video of Jeff Buckley’s transformative version of The Smiths’ song “I Know It’s Over”. (The video was produced by Amanda Demme, who I assume to be related to Jonathan Demme, and the unnamed young red-haired boy in the video became a very well-known red-haired recording artist in his own right.)

JB had an immense talent for turning other artists’ work (viz Bob Dylan, Benjamin Britten, Edith Piaf) into something uniquely his own. Fortunately, this JB version was released by Columbia as a limited 12" vinyl single which I bought and treasure.

1 Like

As shown on the screenshot below - search for the video on YouTube, there may be more than one result, I usually pick the ones by the artists own channel if available as these tend to have the best sound quality.

Click the the share button and a Copy Link option will appear. Click that to add it to your clipboard and then paste it into a reply here.

1 Like

Thank you for posting that, Geoff.

I couldn’t get it to play, but I’m a technical klutz!

1 Like

@anon70766008 Here’s the actual video.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip Graham. Have just ordered the You and I album through discogs :+1:

Sadao Watanabe Quilombo

4 Likes

Underworld denver luna

4 Likes
5 Likes

Still sounds great and so much fun in the video

5 Likes

Very sporting of the girls not to bother wearing even mini skirts!

Nancy’s greatest song was no doubt her duet with her father on ‘Something Stupid’, where Frank sang the higher part.

2 Likes