Your Song/Track of the Day

Watching Over You (Emerson, Lake & Palmer)

2 Likes

The Beatles on the David Frost Live on Sunday Show playing Hey Jude. Definitely a musical highlight in my life.

6 Likes

Michael Blicher, Dan Hemmer & Steve Gadd live at The Village recording - She curves, she curves

4 Likes

BCC. One of the best rock songs I have heard,
( and I have heard a few). Brilliant from Bonamassa imho.

3 Likes

In September 1968, my mother purchased the recently released single of ‘Hey Jude’.
I was 10 years old, an avid Beatles fan, and very impressed my mum would actually buy a record, which was something out of her character not being into popular music.

However my mother’s name was June. She suffered from Multiple Sclerosis with bouts of depression, and in pursuit of some happy vibes purchased the new Beatle’s single mistakingly believing it was called ‘Hey June’.

We shared the disappointment together about the title naming but saw the funny side - unlike some Jewish community folk who took completely the wrong meaning of the unfortunate ambiguity; albeit a perhaps careless choice but with no offence intended.

It would have made so much more sense if they’d simply called it, ‘Hey June’ :slightly_smiling_face: :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Emerson Lake & Palmer Brain Salad Surgery

4 Likes

Or even worse Hey Dude.

I don’t look at the name as anything other than just a name the religious stuff isn’t relevant.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday James Taylor! :birthday: :partying_face:

born on 12th March 1948 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA :us:

5 Likes

Purify (Audeka)

1 Like

Lovely story Debs about your mum and the Beatles it must have been sad for you seeing her feeling depressed and her having to live with her medical condition. But lovely that music in that song made you both laugh …the power of music in our lifes.
To add to the Beatles and music I was 5 in 1970 and my dad had a radiogram with a turnatable with a drop down mechanism which you could stack 7 " singles and my dad and sisters had loads of singles and I used to love playing them.
I always remember they had loads of Stones and Beatles singles and I used to love an e,p with Shes A women and used to play it alot .
I think looking back that was the start of my love of music and collecting it.
So my song for today will blast me back to 5 again .

Wishing you a good day and take in some miles on your bike

5 Likes

Killing Joke - Love Like Blood

3 Likes

Al Jarreau Could You Believe

3 Likes

After paying my respects to the late great AJ today, this is a track that I played more than once!

Steve Weingart + Renee Jones Do Note Move

3 Likes

Hungry Eyes (Eric Carmen)

R.I.P Eric

3 Likes

WDR Big Band Crystal Silence

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Jona Lewie! :partying_face: :birthday:

born (John Lewis) on 14th March 1947 in Southhampton, England :uk:

3 Likes

SLEEP: Return 2 song Piano Short Edit Visualiser (Max Richter

1 Like

Travis Larson Band from their Shift album check-out Double Tap!

2 Likes

Hi @Gracie.1 Here’s a video - very cool! :+1:

4 Likes

Peter Skellern - You’re A Lady

Peter Skellern, English singer-songwriter and pianist who had the 1972 UK No. 3 with ‘Your A Lady’, would have been 77 today 14/03/47 - 17/02/17, In October 2016, he was ordained as a deacon and priest of the Church of England, but died only four months later from a brain tumour at the age of 69

6 Likes