Your Song/Track of the Day

It has a special - different - meaning for me. Back then I was deeply, madly, truly in love with a wonderful girl and hoped to marry her (she agreed). But at some point she took someone else to bed. I was devastated, but tried to keep things going (I said I was madly in love, didn’t I?). Very sadly it all came to an end - but part of me still loves the girl that I knew, and I am truly grateful for the days she gave me.

I’m sorry to hear this, been in a similar situation, many years ago, although I hadn’t ask her to marry me, everyone assumed we would, then she announced she was off on holiday to Spain with an old school mate…great…can’t listen to Alison Moyet / Yazoo singing Only You.
Music is a powerful tool for bringing back memories, hopefully mostly good, but sometimes not so good.

1 Like

Tales of love lost

reminds me of Tales of Brave Ulysses, love given, hoped for and destroyed.

2 Likes

It is a tale older than mankind, I think. It hit me very hard.

1 Like

I know where you’re coming from, but we are supposed to put on a brave face and move on, but I think we can both say, It bloody hurts, you don’t get over it.

2 Likes

Very true.

1 Like

Monty Alexander V.E. Swing

3 Likes
3 Likes

The Lightning Seeds - Pure

3 Likes

Melissa Aldana - The Solitary Seeker (Live from musig im pflegidach)

4 Likes

Freddie Hubbard + Al Jarreau + Chick Corea
Little Sunflower

@Debs
Freddie Hubbard was born on this day in 1938 :+1:

4 Likes

Very fitting for the music room still sounds great

4 Likes

Yes Mood for a Day

@Debs
Steve Howe was born on this day in 1947 :+1:

5 Likes

Honey (Moby)

2 Likes

Argh great choice Geoff I was just going to post a live version from 1972 of that very track but you got there first.

But found something just as good.Steves guitar playing at about 3.20 in playing slide is just fabulous…prog at its finest they were really pushing their muscianship to new levels as a band.Critics would say it was self indulgent but I would say they had a vision of continuing to evolve .They were all incredibly talented .

4 Likes

Highly topical :unamused:

JULIA STONE BEDS ARE BURNING

1 Like

Midnight Oil?

The original yes, but here with Julia Stone.

1 Like

The Modern Jazz Quartet Bags’ Groove

3 Likes