Your spend for Vinyl per year

More people declaring not spending money on vinyl than admitting to it.

This perception that the vinyl revolution or whatever you wish to call it is driven by young hipsters is rubbish in my experience of shopping for vinyl it is men in their 40’s, 50’s and 60’s who are spending the most.

I suspect you are correct. All 3 of my children (adults) have vinyl systems which they love. They rarely buy records, but do get them given as presents.
Vinyl is ridiculously expensive and this is of course is why it’s older folk, who can actually afford them, are major purchasers.
On this forum people have invested often many thousands of pounds on turntables and all the associated paraphernalia that goes with it so vinyl doesn’t seem quite so expensive by comparison.
I count myself in the above group btw.

In the past year I think I must have bought 200-300 records at an average of about £4. All Classical, all used from Oxfam and other good charities or Discogs. I don’t buy new Vinyl often. The Impulse Acoustic Sounds Jazz series have been worth the expense, but in general new vinyl is badly made and massively overpriced IMV.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.