Your Watch & Naim

I’ve been a lurker on this thread rather than a poster up until now - some beautiful watches posted.

Since my Breitling and Tag watches need a service and I’ve just broken the strap on my Sinn, I’m wearing my Omega Speedmaster I inherited from my Dad.

32 Likes

My everyday Victorinox Swiss Army Divemaster - I’ve had it 15yrs and wear it 75% of the time

9 Likes

It’s a Portuguiser Chrono. As you say, it looks fine on the black strap. According to the reviews it successfully straddles the line between dress and sport. Who knows? Whatever, I’m dead chuffed with it.

16 Likes

That’s a beauty Nigel.

Thanks. I bought it without seeing it in real life so it was a gamble, albeit with a 14 day return option. It’s had some very positive reviews, some less so, but it’s certainly exceeded my hopes. IWC seem pretty underrated and I’ve seen very few on here.

2 Likes

I don’t think they would get a second glance in the street. Although they are probably trying to fix that by getting Lewis Hamilton to wear 4 at once. :grinning:

But amongst watch fans they have a loyal following. Especially that one you have. Does it have a display back?

IWC have always been somewhat overlooked, I think. Possibly because they were one of the (relatively) more recent Swiss watch makers, started up by an American. I rather like them (I have two - one very old and one fairly new). A similar situation with Longines - excellent watches, nice style, not as appreciated as much as they might be. I have a couple of them - an Admiral and a more standard one. Yet another underrated watch is Doxa, which is almost unknown (even amongst watch repairers). Better known these days for divers’ watches, they used to make very good dress watches. My every-day wear watch is a Doxa, in for a service at the moment.

2 Likes

1868 is pretty recent I suppose. Not getting a second glance can only be a good thing I suppose. When I had a Milgauss it was commented on twice, once by a sales bod in Evans Cycles (is that an Air King) and once by a bloke fixing our double glazing.

1 Like

Congrats. British racing green. :muscle::fire:

I rather fancy a Doxa , somewhat understated don’t you think?

Their diving watch pedigree with Jacques Cousteau is pretty impressive

6 Likes

Yes, they are nice watches, not shouty.

2 Likes

I do rather fancy a Doxa. A vintage '67 Sub 300 Searambler will do…

1 Like

Doxa = :ok_hand: :sunglasses:

1 Like

IWC are a class act. I keep looking at the blue on white Portuguiser and don’t doubt I will crack one day and get one.

5 Likes

Like most dive watches the Doxa is best when it looks like it has spent decades underwater, bearing the scars of close brushes with sharks, scrapes from barnacled wrecks, and the odd little dink while removing limpet mines…

image courtesy of Time Titans.

9 Likes

Perfect for dog walking, gardening or for when I’m on site @ work

7 Likes

Blue on white is a good look. With the IWC the numbers are blue as well aren’t they?

7 Likes

Oh yes… that’s how they look best!

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct

7 Likes

The blue on white is lovely and it’s the one I’d have chosen if I didn’t already have a white, well silver actually, Pilot’s watch. One of the nice things about the dark dials is the rhodium plated hands and numbers. On the current version they are applied, unlike the previous version where they were embossed. There is some amazing detailing.

5 Likes